NEW VIDEO “Bass Boat ALMOST Capsized During Tournament on the CA Delta | Swamped by MASSIVE Wake-Surf Boat Wave”

BassUnion

NEW VIDEO “Bass Boat ALMOST Capsized During Tournament on the CA Delta | Swamped by MASSIVE Wake-Surf Boat Wave”

Post by BassUnion »

"There's not much you can do when a 4-5 foot WAVE comes from 30 feet away and your right next to the bank :evil: Some people should NOT be allowed to drive a boat..."

CLICK the Link BELOW to watch the full video and SUBSCRIBE for future content.

Jeff C.

Re: NEW VIDEO “Bass Boat ALMOST Capsized During Tournament on the CA Delta | Swamped by MASSIVE Wake-Surf Boat Wave”

Post by Jeff C. »

Funny, that wake didn't look that bad as it was approaching. Must've just been too much weight in the front of the boat :lol:
gabuelhaj

Re: NEW VIDEO “Bass Boat ALMOST Capsized During Tournament on the CA Delta | Swamped by MASSIVE Wake-Surf Boat Wave”

Post by gabuelhaj »

Glad you guys made it ok. :D

I'd be checking those electrical connections up front for moisture though.....

Thanks for sharing and Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
AJLee

Post by AJLee »

This is nothing new. I have had this happen many times over the years fishing the Delta. When you see those big waves, you have to step off the front deck of the boat and stand in the middle seating area to avoid taking those waves over the bow. It only takes one person on the bow to cause the big waves to go over.
kb

Post by kb »

Saying that boat ALMOST Capsized is like saying you guys almost set the one day, five fish weight record on the Delta that day..... :D ya just got your feet wet!!!!
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

AJLee wrote:This is nothing new. I have had this happen many times over the years fishing the Delta. When you see those big waves, you have to step off the front deck of the boat and stand in the middle seating area to avoid taking those waves over the bow. It only takes one person on the bow to cause the big waves to go over.
Agreed, point the boat into the oncoming waves and head to the back of the boat. Only took 1 time to figure that out.
Wannafishmo

Post by Wannafishmo »

Bwahahaha. Glad it wasn’t just me. Kwack.
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

I was in Mildred's a couple of weeks ago and a Sheriff's boat did the same thing coming thru an opening. He missed me by 20'!! Can't fix stupid
Ex walker

Post by Ex walker »

You guys should try taking those wakes in a wheelchair :lol: I have almost gone overboard several times.
By the way, I enjoy your videos
hydro

Post by hydro »

Very dramatic footage to say the least . I think it might be wise to install one of those loud alternating horns like they use on battleships to warn the crew to don life jackets and prepare for collision / attack . Or you could simply step down off the front deck as suggested . Your call ?
hydro

Post by hydro »

Agreed, point the boat into the oncoming waves and head to the back of the boat. Only took 1 time to figure that out.[/quote]

I think most people figure it out the same way the next time it happens . Retreat towards the back of the boat to avoid getting wet and , "Hey the big wave didn't come over the bow that time !"
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

hydro wrote:Agreed, point the boat into the oncoming waves and head to the back of the boat. Only took 1 time to figure that out.
I think most people figure it out the same way the next time it happens . Retreat towards the back of the boat to avoid getting wet and , "Hey the big wave didn't come over the bow that time !"[/quote]

The only problem with this not having control of the trolling motor and putting your outboard up on the rip rap.
db220

Post by db220 »

Caleb.Smith wrote:
hydro wrote:Agreed, point the boat into the oncoming waves and head to the back of the boat. Only took 1 time to figure that out.
I think most people figure it out the same way the next time it happens . Retreat towards the back of the boat to avoid getting wet and , "Hey the big wave didn't come over the bow that time !"

The only problem with this not having control of the trolling motor and putting your outboard up on the rip rap.[/quote]

That's what the remote on the Ultrex is all about :)
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

The Delta is not the only place boating ignorance abounds.
biteme

Post by biteme »

I was fishing a Sierra lake yesterday with 20 25 winds. I fish this lake once a week and it's always rough. Yesterday was unreal. I'm in a 21 foot Triton and the waves looked like that non stop.

After about 30 min I gave up and went and found a cove where fishing sucked lol.

When you get water coming over the back and front you know you're in the bad stuff.
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

The responses to this video have me dying! :lol: I appreciate everyone’s positive feedback on this situation that we captured on camera. I’m just glad we didn’t get pushed against the rip rap bank and no one was hurt!