Whiskey Slough Ramp Closed on Weekends

monte300

Whiskey Slough Ramp Closed on Weekends

Post by monte300 »

Closed Friday through Sunday thought I would throw it out there so anglers don’t show up.
fastfiat

Re: Whiskey Slough Ramp Closed on Weekends

Post by fastfiat »

Plus the last time i called (about 2 weeks ago) the gal said the gate would open a 7am. A little late for most guys this time of year.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

fastfiat wrote:Plus the last time i called (about 2 weeks ago) the gal said the gate would open a 7am. A little late for most guys this time of year.
I keep my boat stored there and pay for a valet service. The only negative is I can’t get my boat launched until 7:00am. However, during the week the gate is open well before 7:00am. I was told the reason they are closed on weekends is because more people than ever are storing their boats there and on weekends the parking lot is so full of trucks and trailers the men that work there are unable to launch the boats of people like me that pay for their service.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

I like launching there and i knew about the fri,sat and sunday no public launch. I like to be on the water by 5-5:30 am and that's why i called first because ive waited at the gate before. Gal told me 7am so i took her at her word. Would hate to tow there and have to wait.
fresnoron

Post by fresnoron »

Was there last Thursday....sign did say closed weekends, but we launched at 6:15 no prob and there were 2 others already launched and gone.