Panoptics Live Scope Head Unit

Tony M

Panoptics Live Scope Head Unit

Post by Tony M »

I'm looking to get the Panoptics Live Scope installed on my boat. I'm running Lowrance Carbon 12's bow and console.
I'm only going to use the Garmin for the Panoptics only. What head unit should I get that is not on the high end?
I would want at least a 10" screen.
NICNITRO

Re: Panoptics Live Scope Head Unit

Post by NICNITRO »

The least expensive would be Echomap ($899) but it only goes up to a 9in screen. The EchoMap Ulta ($1599) has 10" screen. However why not get the Lowrance Live sight. $1000 plus a 300 rebate and because you have the Carbon you would need the PSI-1. That's $299 plus a 100 rebate. For $899 and you get the same thing without having to buy a new screen. Cheaper then going with Panoptics system. Just a thought.
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

NICNITRO wrote:The least expensive would be Echomap ($899) but it only goes up to a 9in screen. The EchoMap Ulta ($1599) has 10" screen. However why not get the Lowrance Live sight. $1000 plus a 300 rebate and because you have the Carbon you would need the PSI-1. That's $299 plus a 100 rebate. For $899 and you get the same thing without having to buy a new screen. Cheaper then going with Panoptics system. Just a thought.
The Lowrance Live sight has a ways to go before equaling Panoptics. I’ve seen both and I prefer the Panoptics.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Tony M wrote:I'm looking to get the Panoptics Live Scope installed on my boat. I'm running Lowrance Carbon 12's bow and console.
I'm only going to use the Garmin for the Panoptics only. What head unit should I get that is not on the high end?
Echomap Ultra 106 is what I just rigged and it is amazing! Absolutely head and shoulders above Livesight IMHO....not even close.....Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

DanIsaac wrote:
Tony M wrote:I'm looking to get the Panoptics Live Scope installed on my boat. I'm running Lowrance Carbon 12's bow and console.
Echomap Ultra 106 is what I just rigged and it is amazing! Absolutely head and shoulders above Livesight IMHO....not even close.....Dan
Dan, looks like the 106 is a 10" screen. If so, are you happy with the 10" vrs. the 12" screen?
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Absolutely, the 10 actually has better definition than the 12 as the pixels are same in both units.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com