Got my new trailer today

Ex walker

Got my new trailer today

Post by Ex walker »

Posting this for those of you thinking about getting a new trailer made. This is my experience.
I ended up going with a company called Sport Boat Trailers in patterson. Said it would take 3 to 4 weeks and it took six. To be fair it's summer and there busy. I have only trailered it back to the house ,about 40 miles. It seems to trailer well and it doesn't bounce as much as my old triton trailer. They used 5" channel and it's a stout trailer. I was an iron worker for 21 years until my accident, so I have good fabrication skills. I crawled all around that trailer (literally,I am paralyzed :D ) and it looks solid. The one difference that was crucial, is the trailer sits a little higher than my old triton trailer. If I had to guess I would say 2" taller in the back and 3 to 4" in the front . When I went to back into my garage, the talons are now rubbing on the bottom of the garage door. I had to lower them a 1\2" and let some air out of the tires , cause they over filled them by 8lbs over max. It now goes in with about 5\8 to 3\4" clear. Early review, I like it.

trailer ended up costing me $5,672 including tax and registration, which they handeled. I had about $600 in upgrades.
Black rims, ss ratchet straps, led lights and black rubber on the fenders and where ever you step.

I can now take longer trips and not worry about my trailer breaking in half.

I am selling the aluminum wheels off my old trailer , if anyone is interested $200 most of the other parts are already spoken for but the axles might be available.

I would post pictures but I can't figure it out. I am not to good with this kindle

Hope this helps someone.

Stay safe. Jesse Ochoa
monte300

Re: Got my new trailer today

Post by monte300 »

I love my 2000 Triton TR19 but I have to admit the trailer is not very good quality. About six years ago I needed a new axle and just recently I had to have the bunks replaced. Quality boat but a so so trailer
Ex walker

Re: Got my new trailer today

Post by Ex walker »

Ya, I like my 2007 TR 21, the boat is all set up for me, but the trailer is rotting out from the inside. I think it's the nature of tube trailers. Water gets trapped inside and they rust from the inside out. I have put two sets of brake lines in it. Two years ago new rotors and calipers. Six months ago the front cross member broke, so I welded that up and two months ago the spare tire rack fell out of the bottom of the frame,with the weld still attached to the flat bar.leaving a good size hole in my frame. Yes, I could have welded it up but I don't trust this frame anymore. So I bought the new trailer.

I