Muskie Attacks Woman

WB Staff

Muskie Attacks Woman

Post by WB Staff »

ottmuskiejune21_72153726-e1596202269739.jpg
A Winnipeg woman is recovering after being attacked by a muskie while swimming with her family at a fishing resort.

The attack happened on July 25 at the North Star Village, in Minaki, north of Kenora.

Kim and Terry Driver, seasonal regulars and experienced anglers, went for a swim to cool off.

Kim Driver says she was standing in water up to her chest when she felt a sharp pain in her leg, and when she looked down she saw what looked like an alligator head.

A muskellunge or muskie, more than one metre long, had grabbed hold of her calf.

Read the rest of the story in the Winnipeg Sun here: https://winnipegsun.com/news/local-news ... tario-lake
Mitch

Re: Muskie Attacks Woman

Post by Mitch »

WOW !! I've never heard of a Muskie or any other fresh water fish, that would attack a person, but, here it is !! I hope she can get past the nightmares and all the surgeries that she will need now to get back to "Normal". Get well soon !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
sdavis24

Post by sdavis24 »

When River Monsters did a show on the Muskie I figured they were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I stand corrected.
hydro

Post by hydro »

replace the body of a "Musky Jitterbug " with a Barbie Doll and you might be on to something .