Future of Frank's Track

Morgan

Future of Frank's Track

Post by Morgan »

https://ucdavis.app.box.com/s/6mhwo95t9 ... gmmwo5lezx. This was a slanted viewpoint that avoids the real problems of over pumping : " This allows salt water and fish to be drawn into the south Delta into the zone of influence of the state and federal water projects. " They want to ruin the underwater vegetation and get fast water moving through. The Public Draft is on it's 3rd 'workshop', but look at the areas they want to fill in. I gave my viewpoint during each of the workshops but bass fishermen and women are just a side note. The farmers have sunk the ground 18 feet in some areas at the last measurement that will not come back. That also means the roads, bridges, and canals are sinking and Newsom is going to make the taxpayers foot the bill while allowing the farmers growing almonds and pistachios to make billions and get cheap water.

Morgan
MikeR

Re: Future of Frank's Track

Post by MikeR »

https://recallgavin2020.com/

If anyone hasn't signed the petition..........follow the link above and add your name.
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Sure it's easy to blame the farmers for making a living no matter how big or small they are but don't blame the Democrats for not building more dams to hold back and store water. Selling water is just a business like any other business in this state. Even if you flip the state red nothing going to change what's there doing now.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Morgan wrote:https://ucdavis.app.box.com/s/6mhwo95t9 ... gmmwo5lezx. This was a slanted viewpoint that avoids the real problems of over pumping : " This allows salt water and fish to be drawn into the south Delta into the zone of influence of the state and federal water projects. " They want to ruin the underwater vegetation and get fast water moving through. The Public Draft is on it's 3rd 'workshop', but look at the areas they want to fill in. I gave my viewpoint during each of the workshops but bass fishermen and women are just a side note. The farmers have sunk the ground 18 feet in some areas at the last measurement that will not come back. That also means the roads, bridges, and canals are sinking and Newsom is going to make the taxpayers foot the bill while allowing the farmers growing almonds and pistachios to make billions and get cheap water.

Morgan
Like Jerry Brown before him, Newsom wants to take care of his almond growing cronies down south at the expense of the Delta
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

jiggin4bass wrote:Sure it's easy to blame the farmers for making a living no matter how big or small they are but don't blame the Democrats for not building more dams to hold back and store water. Selling water is just a business like any other business in this state. Even if you flip the state red nothing going to change what's there doing now.
They're blaming the non native bass for the declining smelt population (1). No human will take the blame for its' extinction.... when in fact it's the business practice like this that caused their demise. At the end of the day, the dollar wins.

Good luck1
Glenn Abuelhaj
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Adding over 150,000 acres of almonds, one of the most thirsty plants in a desert where there was seasonal crops like cotton only needing surface water is the background. The rich get richer. And then Resnick turns around and sells that subsidized water to build homes in Madera. Right?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

So Morgan whats your plans for stoping the flow of water to central and southern ca. And to stop building of homes in Madera Fresno Selma and kingsburgh.
Dam and I'm buying a new 19ft TritonTx in a few weeks maybe I should put that on hold and wait to see if the delta going to dry up.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

jiggin4bass wrote:So Morgan whats your plans for stoping the flow of water to central and southern ca. And to stop building of homes in Madera Fresno Selma and kingsburgh.
Dam and I'm buying a new 19ft TritonTx in a few weeks maybe I should put that on hold and wait to see if the delta going to dry up.
As a Delta only fisherman, it makes me glad I have a 20 year old Triton with a recently rebuilt lower unit. I would be nervous buying something new but that's just me.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Not nervous at all
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Morgan wrote:Adding over 150,000 acres of almonds, one of the most thirsty plants in a desert where there was seasonal crops like cotton only needing surface water is the background. The rich get richer. And then Resnick turns around and sells that subsidized water to build homes in Madera. Right?
I agree. Almond growers are watering their crops with below delivery cost water, and exporting their nuts overseas, so they are exporting our water.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

It just business mark Republican or Democrat are not going to build more dams to store more water it will not happen in any of your life times. Just like the bullet train won't happen in the next 20 years. It's politics and it will always be that. You live in ca.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

And yes there going to keep building home in Madera & Fresno no sign of slowing down.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

And if your going to play the blame game then blame all farming and ranching not just almond farmers because it take a lot of water to grow the number 1 cash crop in CA which is marijuana
Dairy products number 2
Grapes number 3
Almonds number 4
Cattle an calves number 5
Pistachios number 6
The list goes on and on they all use water and lots of it.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

jiggin4bass wrote:And if your going to play the blame game then blame all farming and ranching not just almond farmers because it take a lot of water to grow the number 1 cash crop in CA which is marijuana
Dairy products number 2
Grapes number 3
Almonds number 4
Cattle an calves number 5
Pistachios number 6
The list goes on and on they all use water and lots of it.
So marijuana requires "alot of water" to be the number one cash crop in California ...... last I looked jiggin no one is flooding 10,000 acre industrial farms with water in the Bakersfield "desert" to grow marijuana.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

you guys are amazing and this is exactly what "they" want - arguing about who is benefiting while they are still going to desimate the ecosystem. In the end non of these back and forths change that, United We Stand, Divided We Fall.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Love the cover picture of 2 guys punching :lol:

Enjoy the Delta while you can.
Glenn Abuelhaj
jiggin4bass