Pork Rinds

Sie805

Pork Rinds

Post by Sie805 »

Hello all,

I searched the forums prior to this posting but could not find the answer I was looking for. I am recently getting back into bass fishing and while trying to locate pork rinds at the bait shop I was told it is now illegal to use real pork rinds for fishing. I was able to learn that Uncle Josh is no longer producing them, which is a bummer, but I couldn't find anything saying they're illegal. I read all the rules/ regulations by Cal Fish and Game and couldn't find it in there either. Can anyone answer this? Thank in advance.
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Pork Rinds

Post by ash »

I can and will answer, they are NOT illegal :D I do not know who is making them anymore as the plastics market as well as the percieved PIA of pork pretty much tanked the businesses. I have a few special jars of superpork blue black left 8) But those are my special reserves.

With that being said I can say i have found THE replacement for me that, and i never thought i would say this, has been just as good as if not better then superpork. And that my friend is the Berkley MaxScent Meaty Chunk https://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley ... 47437.html and for less action the Max Scent Creature Hawg.

It has the suppleness of pork, a similar texture made out of that good smellin max scent formula that just gives it a pork like texture and fishes damn near the same. Check em out.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:I can and will answer, they are NOT illegal :D I do not know who is making them anymore as the plastics market as well as the percieved PIA of pork pretty much tanked the businesses. I have a few special jars of superpork blue black left 8) But those are my special reserves.

With that being said I can say i have found THE replacement for me that, and i never thought i would say this, has been just as good as if not better then superpork. And that my friend is the Berkley MaxScent Meaty Chunk https://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley ... 47437.html and for less action the Max Scent Creature Hawg.

It has the suppleness of pork, a similar texture made out of that good smellin max scent formula that just gives it a pork like texture and fishes damn near the same. Check em out.
How durable are they?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Pork rind isn't illegal.
I posted a how to make pork rind jig trailers on this site when Uncle Josh and Super Pork stopped offering the real thing.
I have been selling my tackle reels,rods, lures and boat and have no reason to hang onto to my collection of custom or over the counter pork rind jig trailers.
Shipping anything liquid is difficult today so if you are near Simi Valley PM me with contact info or email.
Tom
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

.[/quote]How durable are they?[/quote]

They hold up fairly well, I mean when you're catching fish on em does it matter? I had a strong flip bite last year on clear lake caught like 30 fish skippin and flippin this trailer and I think i went through 5 baits? So yes they can and will tear but the action and texture is by far the closest i have found to pork.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
milehi

Post by milehi »

Hey Tom, always looking for #11s in blue, purple or brown, you have some? Fairly close to you
Sie805

Post by Sie805 »

WRB wrote:Pork rind isn't illegal.
I posted a how to make pork rind jig trailers on this site when Uncle Josh and Super Pork stopped offering the real thing.
I have been selling my tackle reels,rods, lures and boat and have no reason to hang onto to my collection of custom or over the counter pork rind jig trailers.
Shipping anything liquid is difficult today so if you are near Simi Valley PM me with contact info or email.
Tom
Yeah I'd definitely be interested but I'm up in northern California so if shipping is a problem then I'll have to pass. Thank you though.
Sie805

Post by Sie805 »

ash wrote:I can and will answer, they are NOT illegal :D I do not know who is making them anymore as the plastics market as well as the percieved PIA of pork pretty much tanked the businesses. I have a few special jars of superpork blue black left 8) But those are my special reserves.

Thank you very much for the info. I couldn't fathom them being illegal. Just goes to show how stupid people can be. I'm gonna order some of those Maxscents and give them a try.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:.
How durable are they?[/quote]

They hold up fairly well, I mean when you're catching fish on em does it matter? I had a strong flip bite last year on clear lake caught like 30 fish skippin and flippin this trailer and I think i went through 5 baits? So yes they can and will tear but the action and texture is by far the closest i have found to pork.[/quote]
Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

Does it float? Swim on the fall? Most important does it catch giant bass!
Anyone interested I will inventory my pork rind trailers and if you pm email will send photos.
I can vacuum seal the jars for safe shipping.
Tom
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WRB wrote:Does it float? Swim on the fall? Most important does it catch giant bass!
Anyone interested I will inventory my pork rind trailers and if you pm email will send photos.
I can vacuum seal the jars for safe shipping.
Tom
That is so generous of you, Tom!
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

The thread End of An Era; Uncle Josh Discontinued , Jan 2016 I posted how to make pork rind trailers.
PM email and can send you a copy and a list of what I have available, if interested.
Added list of pork rind availble in the ad forum under soft baits.
Tom