Boat Building Increases

WB Staff

Boat Building Increases

Post by WB Staff »

Boat Building Increases.jpg
Boat Building Ramps Up In June
According to NMMA’s latest Monthly Shipment Report, wholesale boat shipments increased for the second consecutive month in June, up 60% compared to May, as boat building activity ratcheted back up following lockdown restrictions during the early days of the pandemic response. Compared to June 2019, wholesale shipments are down 5%.

“We’re encouraged to see that wholesale shipments in June increased across all segments. Manufacturers are gradually returning to capacity and working to meet the heightened demand for new boats,” noted Vicky Yu, Director of NMMA Business Intelligence.

Of note in the June Monthly Shipment Report, wholesale shipments of aluminum outboard boats increased significantly and earlier than expected, back to what they were on average in 2019. This category alone accounts for more than 40 percent of total new boat sales.

“Looking ahead, with many manufacturers still trying to get back up to speed and challenges including slow delivery on parts from suppliers impacted by the pandemic, we expect total wholesale shipments will be down in 2020, with some segments bucking the average including PWCs and outboard engines, which have seen increases the last three consecutive months,” said Yu.

ITR Economics’ forecast on boat building production for July is also available on NMMA.org, which indicates production will remain constrained in the near term before gradually picking back up mid-next year.

To access the June Monthly Shipment Report and ITR Economics forecast, visit NMMA.org/statistics.
Kelly Ripa

Re: Boat Building Increases

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Now if they could just get back to reality on prices...Right now my 96 champ would cost about 70,000 and so would my truck in 2020 prices Not gonna happen ever................ :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Kelly Ripa wrote:Now if they could just get back to reality on prices...Right now my 96 champ would cost about 70,000 and so would my truck in 2020 prices Not gonna happen ever................ :wink:
You bring up a great point Kelly. Why have boats increased so much in the past 20 years? Same goes for tow vehicles. Is it supply and demand? Not too long ago you can get a fully rigged boat and truck for about 70K. Now you can't even get one for 70K. It's crazy. Anybody else have any insight on why brand new fully rigged bass boats cost so much?
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Money is cheap. The more you borrow, the better rate you get.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj