Found Rod and Reel

Wolfeman

Re: Found Rod and Reel

Post by Wolfeman »

Yeah, I think it's time to do the reveal.

The reel is an Abu Garcia Black Max and the rod is a Fenwick Silver Hawk II (SX/66M-FC, 1/4-5/8 lure, 8-17lb line)
(Black and Silver...must have been a Raiders fan, that and it had a black frog tied on).
It feels more like an MH than a M. It had braid on it but I stripped that off so I could douse the reel in WD40.
The cork still had the plastic wrap on it. I took that off and cleaned the cork.

So here's what I want to do. I want to give this rod to some kid that is just starting out bass fishing. Not one of the young hotshots that has all the latest greatest gear. I want this to go to a kid that will really appreciate it.
All I ask in return is that the parent of the kid who gets the rod goes over to Dave's Delta Outdoors tackle shop on Bethel Island and spends at least $25 at Dave's. (6277 Bethel Island Rd, Bethel Island, CA 94511) And when you go to Dave's tell him Wolfeman sent you.

This has been a fun thread and I want it to end on a happy note.
So, Let me know if you have a kid that fits the bill?
Thanks,
- Wolfeman

P.S. Stickbait, I'm going out of Holland-Riverside tomorrow in the late morning. PM me if you wanna go. 8)
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Great idea and gesture Wolfeman!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Wolfeman wrote:Yeah, I think it's time to do the reveal.

The reel is an Abu Garcia Black Max and the rod is a Fenwick Silver Hawk II (SX/66M-FC, 1/4-5/8 lure, 8-17lb line)
(Black and Silver...must have been a Raiders fan, that and it had a black frog tied on).
It feels more like an MH than a M. It had braid on it but I stripped that off so I could douse the reel in WD40.
The cork still had the plastic wrap on it. I took that off and cleaned the cork.

So here's what I want to do. I want to give this rod to some kid that is just starting out bass fishing. Not one of the young hotshots that has all the latest greatest gear. I want this to go to a kid that will really appreciate it.
All I ask in return is that the parent of the kid who gets the rod goes over to Dave's Delta Outdoors tackle shop on Bethel Island and spends at least $25 at Dave's. (6277 Bethel Island Rd, Bethel Island, CA 94511) And when you go to Dave's tell him Wolfeman sent you.

This has been a fun thread and I want it to end on a happy note.
So, Let me know if you have a kid that fits the bill?
Thanks,
- Wolfeman

P.S. Stickbait, I'm going out of Holland-Riverside tomorrow in the late morning. PM me if you wanna go. 8)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Great Idea
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I'm still looking for a kid to give this rod to.
Let me know if you know of a kid that would appreciate this rod and reel.
Thanks,
- Wolfeman
rico

Post by rico »

This is a nice gesture on your part, BUT, why make the parents spend $25? If they can't afford to get their kid fishing gear, how are they going to come up with an extra $25, considering everything that's going on right now? If you want to give the outfit away, just give it away. Just saying
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Hey Rico,
I get what you're saying. My reason for the $25 was to help support one of our local tackle shops.
I will lift that requirement and turn it into a 'suggestion'.
Anybody got a kid that would like this rod, it's your's for the asking.
- Wolfeman