Antioch Marina Ramp

DeeGee68

Antioch Marina Ramp

Post by DeeGee68 »

Can someone provide how the ramp is at the Antioch Marina. I usually use Brannan Island and I love that place but the 16 dollar bridge toll is killing me! I also use Orwood, but this time I wanted to try Antioch. Does it get crowded on a weekday (Friday)?
Tony M

Re: Antioch Marina Ramp

Post by Tony M »

I would go to Lauritzens if I were launching in Antioch. It is much more secure there. The Sheriff Marine Division also has an office there. Its a good ramp and normally quiet. Get off 160 at the Hiway 4 exit then take a left on Bridgehead Road, then right on Lauritzen Road. Staff is also friendly there. Tha other option is Big Break Marina.
CrankyOne

Post by CrankyOne »

Lauritzen's launch ramp is closed to the public due to covid. Hadn't been there for awhile, tried launching there 2 weeks ago. Big break marina is a good alternative and the launch fee is only $10.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Years ago before I started storing my boat at Whiskey Slough I used Holland Riverside it was a good Launching choice at $10. Orwood is also a good choice during the non skiing season. It was $10 on weekdays and $8 during the week. That was years ago prices may be different now. Lazy M was also a decent choice way down south although launching there could be a little tricky on low tide.
DeeGee68

Post by DeeGee68 »

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely give some of those suggestions a try.