New one for me anyway.....

Kelly Ripa

New one for me anyway.....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I'm 63 and I just did something with a fishing rod I never done before. I caught a largemouth bass on dry land. I live in SoCal and fish Casitas exclusively now because of the quagga restrictions and I live 3 miles away :D . As I am fishing I often toss different baits at different times of the year on the bank and pull them into the lake but last Friday I didn't get a chance. I tossed a frog onto a little sand spit surrounded by 1 foot of water and a plethora of sticks. The minute it hit I watched and I could see a slow motion towards my bait by water displacement but that was all. We don't actually have many frogs on this lake but I have been pulling my baits away from them on the occasion that they show up ( once or twice a trip maybe). As I sat there thinking it's a frog a 3 ½ pound largemouth jumps out of the lake and sails through the air for a bulls eye on my frog about 2 feet from water upon the bank....I was only slightly stunned so Heck I swung...reeled him through the dirt into the lake across the water and into my hand. Popped the hook and laughed like a loon at that poor fish. I had to wonder what he's going to think if and when he ever gets another “shot” at a frog on the bank. I guess that's when I decided that it wasn't to bright of a green on the bait....... :wink:
Last edited by Kelly Ripa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
ash
SpeedBump

Re: New one for me anyway.....

Post by ash »

Wait Rippa, just so I can clearly picture this. You overshot your cast slightly up to the bank and while the bait was on the bank that joker made a dash up to the dirt to eat it? DAMN Son!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

That's it Ash. It's always better to be long than to splat down in a foot of clear water right on top of them. So whammo on the bank! I I said a new one for me...I feel sorry for the guys in Florida who a sniveling about the fish being tougher to catch... :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

Man, I would have liked to have seen that!
HappyDogBassFishing

Post by HappyDogBassFishing »

That is wild stuff! :D
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I have caught several fish that took my dangling bait off of bushes and tules, and twice fish have caught my bait out of mid air on the cast, but this is next level stuff. The democrats will tell us its a result of climate change. :D The largemouth may be the last creatures left on the planet with the cockroaches!
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I too have had buzzbaits, and frogs taken out of brush etc. while I was trying to get unsnagged. My first 9 inch punker fish was a 3. 5 that got it out of the branch I was trying to shake it off but this fish it had no doubt in it's mind that if it could leap on it than it would be able to do the flip flop back to the lake with breakfast and that is exactly what he was doing when I set the hook and the dust flew... :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON