Cul-em-rite scale

Baseball

Cul-em-rite scale

Post by Baseball »

Does anyone know how our were to get the battery replaced? Thx
rico

Re: Cul-em-rite scale

Post by rico »

A friend does it himself. Too expensive to send it back.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

You're supposed to send it back and have them do it and re-calibrate it. I've heard, if you try to do it yourself, it throws the calibration off and can even cause it to not work at all. I think when I sent mine in it was around $50.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

That’s the problem. There no longer in Business.
Will C

Post by Will C »

I have opened it up and carefully cut the old 9 volt battery out with a razor knife and the blade heated up. The battery is encased in silicone sealant. Put in a new 9 volt and carefully again solder the two wires back to the new battery. It either works or you are done with it .

They were a great scale with sketchy service post purchase.
MartyR

Post by MartyR »

I’ve had this scale for well over ten years. I’ve replaced the battery twice. The last time I installed a quick connector for the 9 volt. Just remember to use a heat sink if you permanently attach the battery. So far I haven’t had any calibration issues.
JL

Post by JL »

MartyR wrote:I’ve had this scale for well over ten years. I’ve replaced the battery twice. The last time I installed a quick connector for the 9 volt. Just remember to use a heat sink if you permanently attach the battery. So far I haven’t had any calibration issues.
Could you explain what you mean by "use a heat sink" ? Just curious as I also have a Cul-em-rite scale! Thanks!
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

Thx for the Replies. I contacted south west rod and reel in Dallas. Which bought AFT. They do work and replace batteries. Only problem 6 month turnaround. I’m going to try and replace myself. I’m a delta dude. Only used it at Shasta and Oroville. Thx again
Mark.