Cleaning Boat Carpet?

ACP

Cleaning Boat Carpet?

Post by ACP »

What's the best way to clean my boats carpet to get it clean & fluffed up again?
chf8500

Re: Cleaning Boat Carpet?

Post by chf8500 »

You probably won't ever get it to fluff again, but I have used several automotive carpet cleaners from any of the parts stores, that, a good stiff brush, and a shop vac and it comes out looking super clean, If you have access to some 150 psi air if you blow it against the weave it will perk it up for a while, but at best it is temporary
Any day on the lake is a great day
Rich461

Post by Rich461 »

I use the carpet cleaner machine we have. Its a Bissell. It has a separate head on a hose for those nooks and crannies. Does a bang up job.
1997 Ranger 461VS
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

I'm getting ready to clean my carpet this week or next...this is what I do...found it on www.ehow.com

Scrub the soiled areas with a stiff brush to loosen the dirt and grime.

Vacuum the carpet thoroughly.

Pour one cup white vinegar into a 1-quart spray bottle; fill with water.

Spray the soiled areas with the vinegar solution until saturated; let stand 15 minutes.

Brush the soiled areas once more; the dirt and grime will be released from the carpet fibers.

Rinse the carpet, using a garden hose with low pressure.

Suck up the remaining water with a shop vacuum; allow the carpet to air dry completely.

Fluff up the clean, dry carpet with the brush.
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com
bump

Post by bump »

Folex is a great product for the stains and the vinegar solution works the best in most cases. Be sure to rinse the boats carpet off well or you will smell like a giant pickle at the launch ramp. LOL
When I grow up I want to be just like buckbass
scott h

Post by scott h »

I just go to the local carwash and use the pressure washer.I have never had a stain not wash out.hold the wand about a foot above the carpet and sweep everything from the bow towards the back.fluffs the carpet up and comes out clean everytime.then I take the boat home park it on the lawn jack the tounge up almost as high as it goes use the garden hose to slow rinse to make sure all of the soaps is out let it drain off for about an hour then open all the lockers and wipe down in between all the lids and let it dry the rest of the afternoon.I've had three boats and have never had any problems doing it that way.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

I do not have carpet but I have rugs, where to buy the rug cleaner machine?
rugs online in Australia: http://www.elanlinen.com.au/rugs
reddog

Post by reddog »

Or you could just get the Safe and Easy All Purpose Cleaner, spray down the stains or even the whole carpeted area. Next work the product in with a soft bristled brush and watch it lift the stains out. After that you can either spray down with a pressure washer or softly scrub with the same brush again and clean water. http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Safe__Ea ... AFCDE.html
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

I had Zack from NorCal carpet cleaner do my house and boat. It came out awesome. Fluffed up and smelled good.
reddog

Post by reddog »

+1 for Zac from NorCal. He does excellent work and always does his best to fit in to crazy time slots.
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

they say not too but I have my carpet cleaners do the boat with low water and it comes out great I have never had an issue . my boat is 2004 and carpet looks brand new.
Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
michaelrodriges54

Post by michaelrodriges54 »

There is the easiest and most convenient way for me to clean carpet on a boat. I take soma good cleaner spray and apply it all over the carpet and leave it on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse off with water. It is best to buy cleaner spray by recommendations so that they actually work. https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/reviews/ ... ner-spray/Here is a good selection of these sprays.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If you really want to clean your carpet in your boats any color
Go get a one gallon bottle of Awesome at your dollor store you can't beat for bring your carpets back to life. It
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Stuff I use is called Folex. It is amazing to say the least. Use it like spray on, scrub, then pat off with a dry clean towel. I think you can get it at Lowe’s and Home Depot. You won’t be disappointed.