Lyle’s Marine Engine Repair (Lakeport)

Csuhchris

Lyle’s Marine Engine Repair (Lakeport)

Post by Csuhchris »

I’ve heard great things about Lyle Gossett helping people out in jams and always like supporting small businesses during these tough times. Called Lyle and Dropped off a project boat with an 82 Mercury for him to go through. Sadly, after multiple calls every few weeks of calls inquiring about progress, 6 weeks later I was informed he would be unable to work on it before heading back to Oregon. What a waste of time and multiple trips back and forth to Lakeport. Should have gone to Boatmasters!
birdman920

Re: Lyle’s Marine Engine Repair (Lakeport)

Post by birdman920 »

Lyle has done great work for many people , for many years ! unfortunately’ state of California & lake co ‘has made it just about impossible to make a living! so like many ‘ he has left this miserable state !.... can’t blame him !
Rick Perez

Post by Rick Perez »

No excuse for leaving the guy hanging for 6 weeks! Only to end up saying I can't do the job! Not Good!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rick Perez wrote:No excuse for leaving the guy hanging for 6 weeks! Only to end up saying I can't do the job! Not Good!
Exactly.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Pat

Post by Pat »

A few months ago my Evinrude ETEC 150 burned a piston. I was referred to Lyle by my regular mechanic as someone who had mastered fixing just one or two cylinders vs rebuilding the whole power head. I took the motor to him for analysis and he told me he could fix it for a fair set price. He had the boat for about 4-5 weeks, partly delayed by parts delivery issues, not his fault. Got the boat back and it ran well. I was happy with the work he did and his price was much less than others quoted. In conversation, he told me he had been battling Lake County because of the number of boats on his property. Sorry your experience with him was not a good one. I know he has helped a lot of people, especially tournament fishermen in a bind. He struck me as one who would take on jobs that no one else wanted to do, and at a price that was affordable. I have since sold my Stratos with the ETEC and bought a new boat, so I won't have a need for his services. Still we have lost a resource that helped many people.

Pat