Fishing Hogan October 19

WB Staff

Fishing Hogan October 19

Post by WB Staff »

lake hogan fishing report fall october.jpg
Stan L sent this one in from Hogan.

Hogan Fishing Report 10/19/20 -

FYI The Lake Hogan day use fees have resumed.

Today I got out on the water with my son and his father-in-law Mike. We hit the water about 7am and the surface temperature was 68°.

We started throwing underspins and topwater baits with no luck. After a couple of hours my son picked up a dropshot rig with a 6” Roboworm. He tossed it up on a point and caught one right away. We thought we were on to something. lol NOT.

So, after a while I picked up a Bass Union 1/2oz jig with a Strike King Rage Bug trailer and ended up catching 3 fish. My son caught one more on the dropshot and we fished until about 2:00 pm.

So after 7 hours, we caught 5 fish for the day. I would say that is still pretty tough fishing! I recently got a new Garmin Livescope and ould see a lot of the fish are suspended and chasing bait. With cooler temperatures on the horizon the bite should be picking up soon.

Hope this helps,
Good luck fishing.
Stan L
Attachments
lake hogan fishing report october.jpg
CBoat

Re: Fishing Hogan October 19

Post by CBoat »

It looks like they took care of the launch ramp now?
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.