New boat

Justin Hawkins

New boat

Post by Justin Hawkins »

I’m about a month away from pulling the trigger on a new aluminum bass bot. The two boats I’m looking at are a ranger rt178 and a vexus avx181. I’m looking at a garmin force trolling motor and a couple garmin 73 units. The question I have, is there any room at all for negotiations right now when buying a new boat? The ranger with everything I’m looking at is around 25-26k, the vexus is 29-30k but the dealership is 4 hours away which is a big downside. The ranger dealer is cabelas, and I don’t see them negotiating, but the vexus is from Nixon Marine. I know in the grand scheme I’m looking at two lower end boats, but it just seems strange that there doesn’t seem to be any negotiating room especially if adding some extra equipment. Thanks for any and all constructive feedback.
Kelly Ripa

Re: New boat

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Try a P.M. to Rick Grover Owner of Anglers Marine in SoCal. He may have some insights for you.I don't have a clue what you can get away with or if timing might be best if you waited 5 weeks etc. etc.The boat shows will be coming up soon so that might be a factor also. Just a thought
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Justin Hawkins

Post by Justin Hawkins »

I don’t want to waste the time of a shop owner where I’m not buying though. I’m not sure if there will be good deals at the first of the year or not, not sure how COVID may impact sales and manufacturing capabilities. Might not be too many deals with a lower supply. I just don’t seem to see nearly as many boat sales like you do car sales and discounts
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Justin Hawkins wrote:I don’t want to waste the time of a shop owner where I’m not buying though. I’m not sure if there will be good deals at the first of the year or not, not sure how COVID may impact sales and manufacturing capabilities. Might not be too many deals with a lower supply. I just don’t seem to see nearly as many boat sales like you do car sales and discounts
Give Rick Grover a call anyway. You may be surprised at what he can do for you. I know I was.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MT

Post by MT »

The phrase you will most likely hear is "we don't have any wiggle room with these tin boats". As far as deciding between the two boats, I personally wouldn't pay the extra for a vexus. They'll both be good boats as long as you get one that was built well. You should take a look at bass boat central before you buy. There are separate message boards for both brands. Some of it is pretty informative.
I ran an rt for 5 years so you can PM me here if you have any questions about my experience.
Good luck
Justin Hawkins

Post by Justin Hawkins »

MT wrote:The phrase you will most likely hear is "we don't have any wiggle room with these tin boats". As far as deciding between the two boats, I personally wouldn't pay the extra for a vexus. They'll both be good boats as long as you get one that was built well. You should take a look at bass boat central before you buy. There are separate message boards for both brands. Some of it is pretty informative.
I ran an rt for 5 years so you can PM me here if you have any questions about my experience.
Good luck
Thanks for your input. I’m keep going back and forth on the two but I’m having a hard time going vexus for a number of reasons price and dealer location being the two biggies. I just wish there was another ranger dealer close besides cabelas/bass pro
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Call Jeff @ Nixons and he will give you tge straiggt scoop on both. Personally, imho the Vexus IS worth the extra $$$. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Justin,

Email me your phone number to GaryD@Dobynsrods.com and I'll call you.

I'm very familiar with both brands that you've mentioned and I can help with most questions. I've helped a lot of guys with boats over the years. Be glad to help you with a new ride.

THX!!

Gary D.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Justin,

Your timing is perfect you'll be hitting boat show specials where boat manufactures throw in a few goodies and engine companies throw extra incentives like longer warranties.

THX!!
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

When I bought my Champion Brand new at the Fred Hall show down here in SoCal years ago I got an extra year on my Optimax ( first year they were out ) and 5 Rods from Castaway and like 500.00 worth of Champion jackets , life jackets etc. And I believe that I got a great deal on my trade in at the show because I could not give my boat away here in Calif. as they had no name out here. From Texas towards the east coast a 21 foot WINNER with a 200 Black Max would have sold over night back in the day. They tried to keep up with all the other companies giving away boats at tournaments etc. and went belly up pretty quick I recall. I really miss that boat gawd it was huge......... :wink:

Rip

Let us know what ya get... :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Justin Hawkins

Post by Justin Hawkins »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Justin,

Email me your phone number to GaryD@Dobynsrods.com and I'll call you.

I'm very familiar with both brands that you've mentioned and I can help with most questions. I've helped a lot of guys with boats over the years. Be glad to help you with a new ride.

THX!!

Gary D.
Boy wish I had seen this earlier. I would have appreciated the advice. First time boat owner and man did I have a crazy first buy. Bought a ranger rt178 from Cabelas, would never never do that again. After 3 months discovered they ordered in the crappie version, didn’t tell me and I felt very deceived. Was told to call Willie at Nixon marine and man did they help me out. Got the avx181 ordered today.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Willie is a terrible guy :D :D You're in goods and he'll fix you up. You'll also love the AVX boat. They're built VERY TOUGH!!!! THX!!
monte300

Post by monte300 »

With boats selling like hot cakes these days, I wonder how much wiggle room there is on any boat?
Justin Hawkins

Post by Justin Hawkins »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Willie is a terrible guy :D :D You're in goods and he'll fix you up. You'll also love the AVX boat. They're built VERY TOUGH!!!! THX!!
That’s great to hear, I’ll tell him you said that lol. Love how connected the fishing community really is, love your rods by the way.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Yes, be sure and tell him I was talking bad about him. I haven't seen him for about a year. He's a really good guy and will be very helpful. THX!!!