Fishing & Music

ironhavoc

Fishing & Music

Post by ironhavoc »

I wanted to how many people listen to music while fishing & dont believe its spooks fish vs those that dont and believe it does spook fish. I am not talking blarring super load music, but just enough to hear it while fishing on the boat.

Do you listen to music & feel it does not effect fishing?

Do not listen to music & feel it spooks the fish, thus neg effecting fishing?
ironhavoc

Re: Fishing & Music

Post by ironhavoc »

My sons likes to fishing while listen to music and feels it doesnt bother the fish.

I feel it can and sometimes spooks them, so I rather not listen to music while fishing.

Looking for your guys opinions.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

I fish a lot as a non-boater/co-angler and have fished with a lot of different people. From my personal experience I do not think that it spooks fish. I have caught and witnessed guys catching a lot of fish while playing music on their boats. There might be certain situations where they might get spooked but I have not experienced it.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Side note: There have also been times where we wouldn't get bit until the music started playing. Go figure huh? There might be too many variables to get a definitive answer to this question.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I like to be as silent as I can when it comes to banging into things, trolling motor, compartment lids, etc but I always play music and sometimes loud. I feel it has zero impact on the fish. It doesn't scare the bigguns either because i've caught them as well with the stereo cranked.
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

I use to think fish only liked country music. Especially Alan Jackson. But the more I play my music and fish I find they bite on Metallica Iron Maiden Fleetwood Mac George Straight even Eminem. If it’s a good song they will hit. They don’t like crappy music.
My uncle said one time I bet the fish can feel your heart beat through your line. I’m not too sure about that. Have to be pretty wise fish.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Wait until you play "Barracuda" by Heart and see what happens...
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I only listen to the blues and I don’t think it affects fishing :mrgreen:
Pat

Post by Pat »

I would not play it when fishing extremely shallow, but otherwise I don't think it hurts. If nothing else, it will make them think you are wake boarders and no threat to them. :lol:
ciscot

Post by ciscot »

Pat wrote:I would not play it when fishing extremely shallow, but otherwise I don't think it hurts. If nothing else, it will make them think you are wake boarders and no threat to them. :lol:
I think this. I read an article about scoping the hunting spot you're going to hunt. When you go scope don't try to present yourself as a hunter and go ahead and bang truck doors, talk loudly, etc. This let's the deer know you aren't coming for them opposed to be all sneaky and quiet. No, bass are not deer but I feel it applies. At the same time though water as a media compared to air is much more sensitive it sound waves(sonar). So who actually knows. I listen to music when I fish low, but I think the waves slapping the fiberglass negates any I'll affect. Just my 2cents
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

It's all about that bass!
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

I fish with music in the back ground. I feel like it makes me slow down and helps me to concentrate better. Not blasting it just background music. Anytime on the water is goodtimes and I like theme music going. And if I’m trying to unwind from stress while I fish I feel it helps a lot.
Richard - Sonora

LOUD MUSIC MEANS "LAKE LICE" A'COMIN!

Post by Richard - Sonora »

'Nuff said.

I use pods and earphones. Richard = Sonora
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

My last boat with music in it was 5 boats ago and 40 years ago
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Pat wrote:I would not play it when fishing extremely shallow, but otherwise I don't think it hurts. If nothing else, it will make them think you are wake boarders and no threat to them. :lol:
This - and I also turn off all electronics when fishing shallow - i have had too many coincidences of catching GOOD fish shallow with no ping ping ping - probably phycological.

AND my next boat will have a nice stereo system to crank away when im driving or just hanging with the family. Its your boat and time, enjoy it.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I always figured if I could hold two cans connected by fishing line and could hear my sister when we were kids that music in the boat would be bad...ripped it out of the boat I presently own and never had it in anything on the water. I too turn off my electronics ( sometimes for weeks :shock: ) when I'm on my shallow bite stuff. I left a spot unfished once when after instructing my partner as we came off plane and I maneuvered the boat that we had to maintain silence in the boat. He proceeded to bang every locker lid on the back deck at least once while looking for his breakfast. Pulled up the trolling motor and went to my second spot......... :evil:

We actually won and I had big fish but no thanks to my "Helper"... :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!