Camanche Report ... Is it Fishball Season?

StanL

Camanche Report ... Is it Fishball Season?

Post by StanL »

IMG_3412.JPG
Camanche report is it fishball season?

Below you will there are some pictures of some spots that have shown up this year at Camanche. I’ve been fishing here since around 1985 and I’ve seen it go from a good smallmouth and largemouth lake to a great spot and largemouth lake, but this is the first year they’ve started looking like BB spot’s.

I’m not sure what has changed but I hope it continues!

The bite has been a little different each day, Eastbay Nud has kept the the water level consistent this week and the surface temp has held at 55°. So on cloudy and windy days, you can still catch some reaction fish cranking or ripping an A-rig, but when the sun is out you better be dragging something on the bottom from 20’ to 50‘.

For me that’s usually a dropshot or a BassUnion jig in 1/2 or 3/4 oz. I keep it pretty simple. I like the brown jigs and I’ll change colors on my trailers. This is where I like to experiment with either a twin tail or craw.

I would also like to congratulate Kyle and his 9 yr old son Jackson Porter on their win at a Turkey shoot with over 16 lbs on Camanche this past Saturday. This was Jackson’s first tournament, but I’m going to say not his last!

Merry Christmas and good luck fishing.

Stan L
IMG_3413.JPG
Last edited by StanL on Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
StanL

Re: Camanche Report ... Is it Fishball Season?

Post by StanL »

IMG_3414.JPG
Kyle and his son
IMG_3411.JPG
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Thanks for the report and pics. Those fish look like they're ready to pop.
BOOTH GUY

Post by BOOTH GUY »

Nice pict. What was some of the weights? What time was most of the fish caught? We got out around noon and only caught 2 on drop shot. Could not find any bait balls. BTW Camanche is kicking my but this year. Help I used to have it down pretty well the last few years.
Dan
StanL

Post by StanL »

Hi Dan, I don’t know the Weight’s but 2 of them where caught in December and one was caught last September. All the bait seem to be 50’to 60’ deep, but all the fish I’ve been catching is in 30’to 40’ dragging 3/4 oz Football brown BassUnion jig with a Cinnamon black flake Yamamoto Twin Tail Trailer and the bite is definitely better after 11 o’clock - hope this helps StanL
steve black

Post by steve black »

Good report again Stan, enjoyable read even though I don't I live in Cali anymore. You do a great job1 :D
StanL

Post by StanL »

Steve good to hear from you o’l buddy. Hope you’re smashing some Smallmouth up there . And merry Christmas!!
steve black

Post by steve black »

And largies,just have to slow way down during the winter months, but their are tanks up here! :D