Used Boat Registration in CA

sdavis24

Used Boat Registration in CA

Post by sdavis24 »

Bought a used bass boat from another CA resident. Boat is currently registered. My question is do I need to also fill out a Application for Vessel Certificate of Number to submit along with the title?
george

Re: Used Boat Registration in CA

Post by george »

Call the boys at C&C marine and they can answer that! My thoughts are it is California and the state wants every dollar they can get so you most likely will have to turn in a new application and pay a fee!

George
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

C and C Marine Modesto Richard (209) 526-4120
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

No. You need to fill out the back of the pink slips, and then you'll get to pay use tax on the purchase. The DMV will send you a new title. The CF numbers won't change on the boat with the change in registered owner. If you are an auto club member, they can do all the paperwork in a local office.
sdavis24

Post by sdavis24 »

Dave Wilson wrote:No. You need to fill out the back of the pink slips, and then you'll get to pay use tax on the purchase. The DMV will send you a new title. The CF numbers won't change on the boat with the change in registered owner. If you are an auto club member, they can do all the paperwork in a local office.
Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for
Pat

Post by Pat »

All you pay through DMV or Auto Club is the sales tax and Regsitration fee. You will hear from your county tax assessor about the Personal Property tax. If your county is like ours, they don't care what the bill of sale might say. They will base the value on NADA or Kelly Blue Book. You can appeal the valuation, but be ready to prove it is not in top condition.

Pat
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Bought lots of used boats over the years, Just filled out pink and a bill of sale. Check your VIN number and make sure everything matches. Boat a 14 aluminum boat once and Pink slip didnt match Vin or CF numbers .