Why does delivery from Tackle Warehouse take so long these days?

RJB

Why does delivery from Tackle Warehouse take so long these days?

Post by RJB »

I’ve been buying from them for years and noticed the past few months their shipping takes forever, even living in the same state they are located in. Is it cause of Covid?
jiggin4bass

Re: Why does delivery from Tackle Warehouse take so long these days?

Post by jiggin4bass »

I ordered 10,000 mustard black nickel hooks from one of the vendor I deal with they told me I might get them 2nd week in april or 1st week of may. The vendor told me covid was slowing them down from getting there order out do to back orders
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

RJB wrote:I’ve been buying from them for years and noticed the past few months their shipping takes forever, even living in the same state they are located in. Is it cause of Covid?
I’ve noticed the same. Used to be you could stock up on any baits/gear you needed and it would ship GSO overnight (in Ca). As long as you ordered in the morning, you would get it next day. I could usually buy up to Thursday before a Saturday Tournament and get everything I needed the day before. Now, nothing is in stock and any hot baits colors are long gone with no restock for a month or more. I just made an order yesterday and they said it won’t ship til the 12th of April. I’m leaving for a weekend tournament on the 15th. I sure hope I get my stuff before then. Sucks but apparently that’s the way things are now. Hopefully things will change in the future for the better. I always appreciated being able to get my gear in a timely manner from TW.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

got ya beat I think. My order from the 21st will not be filled by my drop dead of the 2nd. I guess the 4 worms of that color I have left might have to do... :wink: I actually sent them an e-mail and they answered it back in like 3 hours? I find that more disturbing than no birthday box for me and I thought I'd left plenty of time for my up coming Cachuma adventure...Wrong again :lol:

Rip

I've been waiting on a fishing rod from New York City of all places since July :evil:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Pat

Post by Pat »

I just experienced the same thing. My order of in stock items did not ship for 9 days. They sent me an email advising me of that the day after I ordered. Seems the issue is getting everything packaged to ship.
RJB

Post by RJB »

I loved buying everything I needed from them because it would show up in a day or two. Used to place multiple orders in a week and receive them in no time. I just placed a basic order yesterday and it won’t ship for a couple weeks? That’s mind blowing!!
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

It certainly is not the shipping companies as they are doing laps where I live. My wife ordered a puzzle on Amazon the other day and it was here the next day. High order volume, unusual shipping delays and Covid restrictions are the problem. Next it'll be because of the the Suez canal blockage.....But my continued patronage is appreciated :oops:
LET'S GO BRANDON
SBMike

Post by SBMike »

I have experienced the same thing just this week. I live less than two hours from San Luis Obispo and it’s taking 10-15 days for my two separate orders to ship. I understand the numerous out of stocks. All my items ordered showed being in stock. Two weeks to put two Jackhammers in an envelope is a bit much.
Lime Green Z-22

Post by Lime Green Z-22 »

They told me the problem in California is GSO. The orders are packed the same day as before but GSO only has room in their trucks to pick up so many orders each day. I places a few orders UPS overnight and they arrived the next day as promised. Sounds like they need to find a new shipping company for California.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Lime Green Z-22 wrote:They told me the problem in California is GSO. The orders are packed the same day as before but GSO only has room in their trucks to pick up so many orders each day. I places a few orders UPS overnight and they arrived the next day as promised. Sounds like they need to find a new shipping company for California.
If you live near San Luis Obispo you can visit their brick and mortar location in person. They told me they only do about 5% of their business there, the rest is mail order.
BigerDaddy

Post by BigerDaddy »

Lime Green Z-22 wrote:They told me the problem in California is GSO. The orders are packed the same day as before but GSO only has room in their trucks to pick up so many orders each day. I places a few orders UPS overnight and they arrived the next day as promised. Sounds like they need to find a new shipping company for California.
I cancelled an order yesterday, I wanted to give TW a chance but after 10 days had to cancel. The guy told me it is not the delivery companies, which makes sense because the had not even invoiced and packed it yet, it is their volume of business in teh warehouse and not getting it ready. Too much Stimmie in the system going straight to fishing, just like last year.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

On 03/16/21 I ordered a MLF scale. Indicated it was out of stock after I ordered. Said expected delivery in March 23. Then on March 24 checked and the date was pushed back to April 16. Checked today and now its April 19. Hoping to receive it by Christmas. :shock:
Anybody know if they were bought by someone? Such a drastic change can't all be Covid.
Don't believe I'll be using them again.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Slow delivery is not a good thing for an online business, and Tacklewarehouse knows this. That's why they include a delivery disclaimer with your order confirmation now.
Many, if not most, of the products they sell are either shipped from overseas, or rely on raw materials from overseas. This had been greatly affected by Covid, and, before that, by the trade embargos.
I pour soft plastic baits and make hard baits, and many of the supplies for those are delayed and/or backordered. The big bait makers face the same supply bottlenecks, and their products are also delayed or backordered.
Hooks and hardware are also affected. For example, it's almost impossible to find #4 KVD short shank trebles anywhere.
And the list goes on.
I think we have to face the fact that this is the new normal, at least for the foreseeable future.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Popper

Post by Popper »

I placed a order for items that were -IN STOCK- from Tackle Warehouse.
The items were sent out (9) days after the order was placed online.

TW blame the delay on GSO and UPS.

That's B.S considering I order items that were from another source that delivered items by UPS a day after
ordering from Tackle Warehouse.

-There's no question, TW having internal issues processing orders, and it's not an issue with delivery companies.

-Ed
ZacktheWop

Post by ZacktheWop »

I've stopped ordering from them. I try to do most of my business with thehookuptackle.com. They carry most of the stuff you need and still have free 2 day shipping for orders over 50 bucks that actually gets there in 2 days.
zethkinnettfishing

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

I ordered a reel and was able to overnight it.
I ordered 4 packs of worms. it's been about 2 weeks. Still has not shipped.
I was going to make a big order but ti said like 2 weeks just for overnight to be shipped.
Ordered elsewhere and will be here in a few days. Shipped right away. They blame covid or whatever but theres go to be something else going on. Covid is old news. Been going on for over a year and just now they are having problems...
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

Pretty strange considering how the have set the standard for inventory and quick shipping for so many years. Too bad.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

You Cannot go to the store in person. It says so on the website. They added all kinds of stuff to the web page and threw it in my face in their return e -mail because surely I saw that the delivery dates were all skewed on there site now . I don't think Golden State Overnight is going to change their name because one retailer can't get it together :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
JES

Post by JES »

Ya, There customer service has really gone down hill. I was told my order would not ship for 10 days after I placed my order . They advised me If I purchased overnight shipping rather than the 2 day free shipping it would arrive next day .Funny they are able to fulfill a order in a timely matter if You choose to pay $20 for shipping ? Use to be my go to for the convenience and availability of inventory. I will be looking for other options for my future purchases.
Jared
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

2 days ago I went to Tackle Warehouse website to order a gift card. When I added it to my cart it said expected shipping date would be April 14th. Seriously? April 14th for a gift card? They could mail it to me and it would get here faster. I ended up not completing the purchase because I need the gift card before then. Something is going on for sure.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Something is amiss... Maybe the new TW location in Georgia is impacting their operation? I placed an order on March 23rd and got the same message stating it would ship April 7th. I responded and asked if this was a typo and then called them and asked if Will Call was available. I picked up my order in person 2 days later... it was available the day before, I just couldn't get up there.

If there is no problem picking and packaging or boxing the order and having it ready the next day, it seems unusual that it couldn't be labeled and shipped, what I think is the easiest part of the order process. Just sayin....
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
kam

Post by kam »

Dude’s are just slammed. I get it. So happy with my recent orders. Last one was a little late,but Im patient
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Be careful of them.

Given an experience I had their not too concerned about the security of your orders and information.
Last edited by AnglersPursuit on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

On another note I’ve always wondered about the amount of data TW must have on popular baits by region and season. I bet they could even tell you what baits sell more before popular tournaments. I bet they could tell you the baits The guys from Tactical Bassin buy the most.

I wonder if they collect and distribute this data in any way? If not, why? Imagine the value there.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

No the Dude's are not just slammed....It's all pure fairy tale from the retailer. If you have gotten any kind of tackle from them recently you will realize that for the cost of overnight they will put your tackle in a box and send it out the same day. How does that figure into all the excuse's for NOT sending it out in a timely fashion? I actually got my order less than 12 hours before it mattered from Tackle Warehouse but because of the shipping times being changed by Tackle Warehouse. I ordered the couldn't go without it stuff from somewhere else and gosh and golly it got here from a couple of States away in plenty of time. While I have known and used Tackle Warehouse since it's inception In San Luis Obispo and have been a staunch defender of the company over the years. Over this issue I cannot and will not defend the present Company/policies and have found as many ways I can to circumvent this B.S.. I cannot fathom the defending of the company when their story from their own mouths does not add up. If they really had a problem with shipping the website should have had a scrolling banner or message letting customers know BEFORE they order...In My case: I don't RE-CHECK shipping times posted on Their website without a reason. As a returning customer I pay using Paypal and as I am a frequent consumer of tackle I usually don't look at anything other than getting what I wanted and getting the payment out with the least amount of hassle. At this point Tackle Warehouse can do whatever it wants I just won't be standing in line for them as I said there are options...And I don't mean paying extra for somebody to do their job.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

The problem is not with Golden State Overnight. I’ve been using TW for many years and was always satisfied until recently. I placed an order on the 31st of all in-stock products. After hearing the Golden State Overnight excuse, I selected UPS. It still hasn’t shipped either. I prefer to support brick and mortar stores anyway when possible, but I’ll be looking elsewhere for internet purchases until they get their stuff back together. Too bad.
SBMike

Post by SBMike »

Follow up to my 3/30/21 post.
I had placed two TW orders. I have received shipping confirmations for both orders. The first order shipped seven days sooner than the initial ship date stated. The second order shipped ten days sooner than initially stated. I have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks Tackle Warehouse!
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

Ordered a gift card on Saturday. Received an email this morning that the card will ship out on April 26th. 2 weeks to ship a gift card and another day or two to receive it. Geeeshh....
Bass4Money

Post by Bass4Money »

If you order a electronic gift card by itself the order will go through and process in less than 2 days..... physical gift cards are in the same boat as lures....taking weeks.
Johnson

Post by Johnson »

I’ve been ordering from TW for as long as I can remember. They have the best selection and inventory out there imo. I could always spend at least $50 to get free overnight shipping here in CA. Like these other posts mention, I too am frustrated with recent shipping response times. I’m a loyal customer as my many TW hats and shirts can attest. Way to many if you ask my wife lol. I’m not sure what’s going on with them lately, but until they figure it out I’ll keep ordering from other more responsive online sources. I don’t believe Covid is a valid excuse anymore. Tackle Warehouse please get back to the excellent service that made me a customer all those years ago. I’ll gladly come back!
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

Using the COVID excuse or a shipper excuse isn’t acceptable at this point. I looked at my order history and last year I made over 20 orders and never paid shipping. I consider myself a small fish in that pond and don’t have the tackle burn rate that multiple guys I know have and they have begun to use other vendors because of the lack of shipping service. I’ve already found another company, not as much of a selection, but the shipping is the same. So I’ll go there until TW figures it out.
I can completely understand a company expanding and the pains that go along with it but a mirrored infrastructure and shipping model that has worked great should be easily mimicked and be in place before opening those gates up.
I find it strange that the Tacticool guys moved back to Tenny and they are opening a store back there. I’m sure the instructional videos for those fisheries could drive sales from that region but don’t give up on one region for another. It’s company suicide.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

Bass4Money wrote:If you order a electronic gift card by itself the order will go through and process in less than 2 days..... physical gift cards are in the same boat as lures....taking weeks.
I looked but couldn't find an electronic gift card option. I've noticed it's not been an option for quite some time.
dvkawboy

Post by dvkawboy »

They just like everyone else are using covid as an excuse . Everything else in the mail is coming except TW orders . I remember back when they were on point with costumer service. Orders came fast and they stood by you . I switched to TW because the local shops costumer service was garbage . I think they got to be to big and now they don’t have to try as hard . You got two choices to every problem , excuses or results ...
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Maybe Johnny Morris bought them. That would explain the horrible service LOL
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
Hookset5

Post by Hookset5 »

Could it be attributed to the mass traffic jambs apparent of late? “Pack em’ in boys!! We’ll hash out the infrastructure later!”
Meanwhile, “is that your bumper in my tailpipe? or are you just not aware of what “space” means anymore?
Its the California Hustle!
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Hopefully my opinion is wrong, but probably not. I used to be able to make a $50 order with free shipping at 10 AM and have it the next day by 4 PM. TW has grown and when they get too big they need to hire corporate executives. If they hired me, the first thing I would notice is, TW is losing a ton of money on shipping. Now you have to pay $11 and you can get your order in 48 hours! Can't blame Covid. All the delivery services made billions and adjusted to the pandemic. I can't blame TW for wanting to make more money, but it's sad to see another company with great customer service bow down to the almighty dollar. Growth is never good for the consumer. Very sad
Angler Waki

Post by Angler Waki »

I have so many Tackle Warehouse stickers! One of the loyal customers who order almost monthly (sometimes weekly). They used to ship the next day. But now, the e-mail told me my order would be shipped in 2 weeks.. 2 weeks!? Taking over 2 weeks for shipping ready!? :?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

It not just TW. I ordered mustad black nickel jig hooks in March from one of the vendor I deal with they sent me and email tues said hooks will be shipped end of may
The vender can't get there order filled form mustad either so they can start shipping.
Mustad said it the covid thingy
Holding up production.
Right That there story and there stickin too it.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

At least it will give the small shops a fighting chance to survive. TW used to be amazing, but now I stop by all the local shops!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I placed an order on May 10th and just received it today. 16 days is a new record. sad.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Morgan wrote:I placed an order on May 10th and just received it today. 16 days is a new record. sad.
Time traveler. Mind blown. :D
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Morgan wrote:r
I meant April 10th
RReynolds

Post by RReynolds »

It’s not GSO slowing down the order right now I have an order that has not been invoiced and it’s been 12 days since the orders been given so two weeks to get something that you used to get in 2 days, I called and talked to customer service today and they really didn’t seem to care I have found other sources over the country to order from and get it quicker than tackle warehouse
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

Just placed my first order to Bass Pro Shops in over 15 years. I used them alot way back when but have been using TW for so long now it was just automatic- need tackle go to Tackle Warehouse lol. Well who knows if they will ever come back around......