Lost another old schooler...Joel Anderson...

stickbait

Lost another old schooler...Joel Anderson...

Post by stickbait »

With a heavy heart I must pass this info along...
Lost another one... man this getting old sucks.. loosing to many my friends..

Lots of young guns out there won't know this name, but the old dogs will.... my good friend Joel Anderson passed away the other day.

Joel a popular face back in the day, the late 80's and 90's when we fished heads up, man on man, boat on boat was what we did... When the size of your sack matters, both of them. When team tournaments were more about camaraderie, friendships and bragging right than the size of winners check...Old School !!!

Joel was known as the guy in the gold Ranger 370 with the huge Stern decals..he was a Stren guy !!

Got the word, I kind of been waiting on but not wanting to receive it as he had been dealing with lots of med issues and I knew it was just a matter of time.. Joel was one of my old school team tournament partners.
Good guy, great friend, spent loads of hours on the water with him, won a few tournaments in the old days bass fishing, had some great times !!!!.

RIP buddy you have no more pain any longer to deal with.... you will be missed by many!
Hope you bump into my buddy Mike up there and many that have passed before you, you guys can team up like the old days and catch them 10 lbers..

So I ask, if your on the water tomorrow and make that first cast, please have a little thought for my good friend in heaven, I would be thankful! You just might hook a 10lber !
Pat

Re: Lost another old schooler...Joel Anderson...

Post by Pat »

Very sorry to hear of another lost fisherman. What this says to me is, don't put off calling a buddy to hit the water, or maybe have a cup of coffee or a beer. Time waits for no one.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Pat wrote:Very sorry to hear of another lost fisherman. What this says to me is, don't put off calling a buddy to hit the water, or maybe have a cup of coffee or a beer. Time waits for no one.
Too true. :(
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

The Oldtimers generation of bass anglers borne during WW2 are getting fewer every week.
I like to think our generation developed modern bass fishing. The Silver Eagle club members are fast disappearing, they are my generation, my friends and fishing partners.
RIP is becoming to common. Talk to the living while you can.
Tom