Living in Moses Lake Washington Area

monte300

Living in Moses Lake Washington Area

Post by monte300 »

Hello bassin' peoples. In the next 3-5 years I'm planning to get out of California and retire somewhere else that's more affordable. Because of COVID I haven't been able to visit central Washington, but on the surface the Moses Lake/Potholes Lake areas look to be pretty desirable from a fishing perspective, as well as expense. I would be most grateful to anyone that can describe to me the good, bad and ugly of living in the high desert. I'm smart enough to know that the weather there isn't as desirable as the bay area, but I get the impression the area only gets about 9 inches of snow a year and it rarely gets below 20 degrees. Another reason I think I may like this area is lack of humidity. I'm under the impression that central Washington is quite a bit less liberal than on the western side of the state? If you aren't comfortable giving your opinions publicly, feel free to private message me. Thanks in advance and keep your line tight!
Marc

Re: Living in Moses Lake Washington Area

Post by Marc »

It is a great area for bass fishing without a doubt. Potholes is our Clear Lake, but with many more and bigger smallmouth bass to go with the big largemouths. Moses Lake has giant largemouth and smallmouth also. Much more conservative politically (nothing like Seattle). I live in western Washington where it is considerably warmer but wetter in the winter, but at least can fish bass year round if you don't mind the rain. Not having lived in the high desert I can't talk to that, but no doubt the fishing is great!
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
monte300

Re: Living in Moses Lake Washington Area

Post by monte300 »