I see T.W. has added....

Kelly Ripa

I see T.W. has added....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

a price to picking your stuff over other folks as of 5/17 by a return to having 2 day and next day shipping. No special pricing on that either. Last month I knew I was going to need some line and hooks so I put in the order and low and behold in only 16 working days from San Luis to Ojai (2 1/2 hr drive). I think they are yellow tier like Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and pretty much the whole state at this point.I order 2 pair of shorts from Big Dogs in Santa Barbara and they were here in 3 days. Something smells at T.W. and it isn't fish. :roll: Wow just Wow....best be finding me a new home as this ain't gonna cut it.........
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
gabuelhaj

Re: I see T.W. has added....

Post by gabuelhaj »

Seems like they're prioritizing the work load based on revenue streams to maintain their business.

Let's hope they're busy with the move and it'll get better and back to normal when it and the corona settles down.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I've been to TW brick and mortar in SLO and it's very small. The guys there said they do 90% of their business online. The guys they had working there were young, but they knew their stuff. My son attended and played football at Cal Poly, so my buddy and I went extra early to a couple of games to allow for a TW visit. It's out there near the Madonna Inn in an industrial area.
drew

Post by drew »

Covid has increased their business, made it more difficult to get product and utilize the labor efficiently. When the new warehouse opens it will increase their capacity and they will be back to normal. I don't know when but I do know the people there work very hard and customer service including order processing time is very important to them. I suspect in the next few months it will improve.
ZacktheWop

Post by ZacktheWop »

I will give them props on their customer service though. I made a small order (like 70 bucks of yamamoto soft plastics) on the 12th and checked on it to see it wasn't going to get sent until the 30th. I messaged them on instagram to cancel the order and they cancelled it with no questions asked.

I went to discountackle.com on Tuesday and got the same stuff (for cheaper) and it just got delivered today. I'm not abandoning TW but I am definitely done with them until they get the shipping figured out.
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

Today I got a e-mail from Tackle Warehouse letting me know that the order I made 16 days ago shipped out today.

I just made a order from Bass Pro Shops last week and it took 4 days to be delivered to my house.
mahoney

Post by mahoney »

With all of the local shops around sac, delta, Bay Area, San Jose I don’t ever see a reason to buy from tackle warehouse. Support your local shop!
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

mahoney wrote:With all of the local shops around sac, delta, Bay Area, San Jose I don’t ever see a reason to buy from tackle warehouse. Support your local shop!
Yup, same goes for the Redding area.
Pete G

Post by Pete G »

I made a order on Friday and got a email it was shipped on Saturday from Fish USA. You may want to check them out.
Pete
Isaac O

Post by Isaac O »

X2 FISHUSA!

I ordered a reel on Tuesday, it arrived on Friday.
I'm still waiting for my order I placed from T.W. two weeks ago.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I placed an order or two back in the day at Fish USA and it went well
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

I ordered from Discount Tackle last night and it shipped this morning. Not as big of a selection of plastics that I was looking for but what they did have was cheaper than TW. I guess a company dropping the ball allows us all to explore other options both on the web and locally.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
bleetmj

Post by bleetmj »

I rolled the dice and tried out MidwayUSA out of Missouri. I ordered some Stike King Jigs and Plastics and Zoom Worms. Ordered on 5/13 and it was delivered on 5/17. Not bad...