Lake Camanche Fishing Report Week of May 29

StanL

Lake Camanche Fishing Report Week of May 29

Post by StanL »

IMG_2304.jpg
Lake Camanche Fishing Report May 29

My buddy Casey and I had a chance to get on Camanche for a few hours before all the chaos started.

We arrived at South Shore about 6:30am and noticed how far down the water level was. This is the first time I’ve had to use the low water ramp in a long time.

When we put in the water we saw the surface temperature was 74 degrees and the water had a slight stain to it so we started throwing some reaction baits. On my first cast with a topwater popper I got a spot about 2 12 lbs and I told Casey it’s on!!!

Well after about a hour or so and a few different topwater baits, we never got a another topwater bite .. how does that happen!? So we started throwing some down baits and I settled in on a Bass Union darthead with watermelon candy Trick Worm. Casey caught all his fish on a Ned rig with a green pumpkin big TRD. Both of us were throwing them on 8# Gamma fluorocarbon line.

We fished on any kind of break that had 15‘ of water on top and deep water next to it. We fished until about 1:00 pm and caught 12 fish.

if you go to camanche right now be extremely careful! There are a lot of underwater Islands that are not marked and remember to support your local tackle store.

Hope this helps!
Good luck fishing.
StanL
Attachments
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
marinerfandave

Re: Lake Camanche Fishing Report Week of May 29

Post by marinerfandave »

Thanks for the report Stan, good info and glad you were able to catch some nice ones!