O M G

Kelly Ripa

O M G

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I just got a tackle warehouse order I just made on May 29th and Golden state to my door today. WTF the site now says 2 days on gso so I guess they are over the hitch in their get a long? It was due June 15th when I placed the order and I don't need it this second but if we are back to biz as usual then I might jump on some stuff while I can... :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Whoopbass

Re: O M G

Post by Whoopbass »

The only thing that set them apart from everybody else was they generally had everything in stock and you received your order in 1-2 days. They tried to get some of that shipping money back they were spending on nearly every order and it bit em in the rear.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

i don't think they were trying to save on shipping. In a previous post a guy said he visited there warehouse in San Luis Obispo to pick up in person (was down there for some event) and he discovered it was a relatively small operation staffed by college kids largely. So when the pandemic hit and for them, I'm assuming, orders went through the roof given all of the new fisherman, they were not staffed properly to fill all the overflow. That and very likely some of those same college student workers may have gone home since in-person classes didn't exist. So I am glad to hear maybe they are figuring it out and getting orders filled and shipped quicker again.
Johnson

Post by Johnson »

I was excited when I read this so I emailed them today asking about current turn around times here in CA. Sounds like you were lucky, because their response was still a two week delay☹️.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Nope I hate to disagree but luck had nothing to do with it. It clearly states at the bottom of the T.W. site it has a latest news section and if you click on the Covid Shipping Updates the dates are as follows :
Ground 16 days
GSO is 2 day,
Postal 16 days
International 16 days
UPS 2 day> no delay
UPS overnight no delay
LET'S GO BRANDON
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I tested this by making another order on Tuesday and today is Thursday and I just was notified it's shipping.
LET'S GO BRANDON
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I ordered a rod on Tuesday after I saw Kelly's post. I'm in Ventura, CA and I received the rod today. Stoked. About back to normal as Kelly posted.

They still have a massive O.O.S. issue (out of stock) but that's more due to manufacturing shut downs during Covid. Hopefully everyone get's ramped back up again and we'll see inventories increase.

I saw a post for the upcoming Snag Proof open at the Delta in August and then went to TW to see what SP frogs they had in stock.....not much there. LOL
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I got my order at 1:00 today. I just pulled in from the mornings fishing and knock knock......sweet.
LET'S GO BRANDON
MRoy

Post by MRoy »

Glad to hear that - it's actually pretty impressive, given that most tackle retailers are having problems keeping up with the demand.
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Ordered some swimbaits Friday while I was fishing at 11:30 , got them Saturday at 2:00 !!!!