Double Digit on the Popper! California

eastbayanglers

Double Digit on the Popper! California

Post by eastbayanglers »

:shock: the popper..

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

It was insane !!!
Scratch the itch and see what happens ladys and gentleman i was so blessed to get this one the bite has not been steady Popper gets me a DD wow!
185vsfrog

Re: Double Digit on the Popper! California

Post by 185vsfrog »

Congrats! How much did it weigh on your scale?
bass king

Post by bass king »

like 7 lbs
basshol

Post by basshol »

He said double digit. So I guess. 6.6
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Solid 6 pounder.
hydro

Post by hydro »

Double digit alright at least 96 ounces ( and possibly even pushing triple digits )
Larry Hemphill

Use both hands for a big bass photo

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Not sure about the weight - doesn't look ten lbs.
That bass will never make it to 10 lbs if held by the lower lip forever!!
That bass needs to be supported by both hands!!!
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

saw that coming!
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

This is widescreen and i am telling you it weighed that says rapala scales but in truth look at the stomach it ate a trout good size one!
basshol

Post by basshol »

10 pounder has bulging eyes.
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

OP had a perfect chance to weigh it on his scale in front of his camera and chose not to. At this point it appears he's has no one believing his fish story.
BAble

Post by BAble »

Does it matter what the fish weighed? The person posting believes it was a double digit, let’s leave it at that. If you disagree then your opinion can also be respected. However, no need to take it to personal level. No matter the actual weight, nice fish.
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Thank you, Mrs. East Bay for clearing that up. :lol:
Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

Is that Trinity Lake???
pd

Post by pd »

LOL…I wonder when (if) eastbay will ever post again. I can only say I agree w Larry, it looked to me like that fish was being tortured (= severely mishandled). Couldn’t even bear to watch the whole clip. Very disrespectful, no matter what the weight. Let’s take care of these big fish. Lessons learned hopefully…
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Everyone here loves to fish this is just the Love of the sport i understand, may i add that this fish was not held very long i change my video edit clip so i got a clip its lets say 4 sec long i can slow motion it so slow it can be as long as say 40 sec not me holding a fish like that that long it kind of makes me wonder how you could think i would do such a thing. This is so silly also the fish had just ate a large trout so i assume the trout was around the 2 lb range that is me guessing the trout weight. I am fully disabled not easy to hold that fish for me let alone hold the go pro the fish and get the weight in the shot not easy for me. I am being held together by titanium not at all as blessed with physical abilitys why you think i am not in tourneys! cmon man! I once saw larry holding 2 fish at pardee for around a min or more these were a 5 and a 6 + pounders lake pardee do not be that guy These are NORTHERN STRAIN BASS not Florida
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Probably time to stop digging. :lol:
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Sad as hell
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Very disrespectful i tell you truth man A fully disabled vet that has limitations lifting bending twisting weght ect for LIFE and you laugh at me damn I can barely get dressed and get my waders on WTF
spottedbass

Post by spottedbass »

Eastbay, I mean no disrespect but I feel like a lot of the backlash you are receiving is because of the many videos posted which have had more or less... well false info. Claims of giants with no weights or scale as well as claims of fish from lakes which were different than you were fishing (trinity for one or not trinity). I agree we all share the same passion for catching fish, but I can see why there has been disagreements. Honestly man just buy a scale and show the weight of the fish if posting the weight means that much. I respect you for your service as you said you are a disabled vet, but also am confused of how you can hardly put waders on but can fish all over a lake in a float tube? As I have float tube fished for 20 years and it is quite taxing on the body.

But honestly just buy a scale
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Also the fact that your on here bragging/whining about being a disabled Vet. Where did that come from? Has nothing to do with your original post or the validity of the fishes weight. Thanks for your service but you aren't gonna get a lot of sympathy from the guys on this forum. No one is laughing at you because your a disabled Vet, there're laughing at your claims made on this post/video as well as some of your previous videos/posts. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just go fish, and have fun.
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

spottedbass wrote:Eastbay, I mean no disrespect but I feel like a lot of the backlash you are receiving is because of the many videos posted which have had more or less... well false info. Claims of giants with no weights or scale as well as claims of fish from lakes which were different than you were fishing (trinity for one or not trinity). I agree we all share the same passion for catching fish, but I can see why there has been disagreements. Honestly man just buy a scale and show the weight of the fish if posting the weight means that much. I respect you for your service as you said you are a disabled vet, but also am confused of how you can hardly put waders on but can fish all over a lake in a float tube? As I have float tube fished for 20 years and it is quite taxing on the body.

But honestly just buy a scale
I have a scale i already explained everything If there was 100$ cash or my wallet fell to the ground i can not pick it up i manage pain 24/7 I would be in the boat more but its sooo hard i can not do it alone sadly life is not so easy for all of us! Clearly you all have no idea what its like to live to fish! This is my life I am struggling with everything. Float tubing not always easy but i have been hurt on the banks to much and its painful i have been hurt on the boat so far the tube is the safe way for me! I had times i could not fish for 6 months or more from falls and pain Clearly i am alone and only elderly people can relate. Many videos i had no weight for a reason the locals are asking me not to! Pressure and all. You do not think i have footage i can not share i do just not gonna bring the pressure to certain places.
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Another one from this yr just shy of DD
Attachments
jj2.png
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

We all got fishing stories!

Let’s just all get along and go fishing!

P.S.: hold the damn fish anyway u want!!!

The people that comment negatively got there panties in a bunch!
It’s a great fish on any scale-
The time u had it out of the water is better than it bouncing around in a livewel for 7-8 hrs.
We should all try and b carefull as we can handling these big girls but holding out of the water for a bit for a pic is way better than keeping it. Just ask the fish who swam off strongly. If u post something here u have to thick skin and expect backlash cause some people got nothing better to do!!
PPS: THANK U FOR UR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE!!-so we all can fish!
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Waiting for negative comments! Lol
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y