Nor Cal Tournament Fishing for 2022 WOW!

WB Staff

Nor Cal Tournament Fishing for 2022 WOW!

Post by WB Staff »

From Ken Mah

I'd like to know your thoughts about the DFW Permit process.

I hear people complain about tight scheduling with our Tournaments here in CA. I encourage you to take 5 minutes to look at this mess with the #cadfw permit process that organizations have to deal with. (Link at bottom).

I did some analysis of just the first 6 months of 2022 for Northern CA.

That's 26 weeks and 52 weekend dates.
I tallied numbers for 7 organizations.

I tallied days requested from each organization. This # includes overlap and conflicts that create duplicate requests.
Remember this is just the first draw and eventually this becomes a schedule so don't bank on anything.

Conflicts are resolved (hopefully) and the number of days an organization has today isn't their final number.

ABA 50 dates (Sutherland)
BBT 29 dates(Pringle)
FPT 13 dates (Harris)
MLF 8 dates (Bradford)
NewJen 160 dates (Price)
WON BASS 4 dates (Egan)
WWBT 34 dates (DeHart)

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Inland/ ... osed-North
MichaelB

Re: Nor Cal Tournament Fishing for 2022 WOW!

Post by MichaelB »

Not too hard to see which organization is suffocating the Permit system.
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Thanks for posting here... Some of us righties are not active on Facebook.

My $.02
Seniority should take presidence on dates. 100+ boat events would choose first, based on prior year number.
If an org. had a date for multiple years at a location, they should have first chance at it again.
15 boats or less events pick last.
Only let the orgs have one person schedule.

Let the orgs compete for the anglers, with the goal of getting more boats to fish their events.

How do states like Texas with so many events on a body of water figure this out?
DAN

Post by DAN »

So over most of the past many years I have been a part of tournament draw process for Large organizations and Small where the DFG or now DFW made everyone follow the same rules. The last Couple of years that has not been the case. Under DFW rules none of us had been allowed to pull permits under two different names for the same organization. Last while telling one Org No You Can’t do that… DFW promised that if someone did that IT WOULD BE Removed of all there permits Straight from the DFW…. Well that did happen and DFW backed out and did not enforce…. For the last many years we were allowed to apply for 1 date and 1 body of water per organization. Then this years proposed 2022 most everyone played by the rules we had been accustomed to for the past many years. Once I saw the proposed Schedule it’s apparent that DFW wasn’t playing by the Rules that had been followed and enforced by DFW. When confronted about Rule changes DFW oh those rules were changed? When asked When? Why? How and Who? Was notified…. Crickets…. So when all y’all the anglers wonder what happened you should know most all orgs tried to operate the same as in past being respectful of the traditions and processes…
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance