The California Department of Fish and Wildlife CDFW Worst Management in the USA

eastbayanglers

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife CDFW Worst Management in the USA

Post by eastbayanglers »

The The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW has proved they are the worst in the usa maybe the world at accessing a problem and trying to approach it in a practical way. The wildlife agency have allowed a state so rich in so many ways to become a wasteland. The governer of Ca needs to go and its hard for me to remember a good one in office in my lifetime man the browns were the beginning of the end. Its really hard they have to be doing everything they can to systamaticly wipe out Resources and destroy the state the good news is they are here and we can tell them to please move to china.
WRB

Re: The California Department of Fish and Wildlife CDFW Worst Management in the USA

Post by WRB »

I am old enough to remember Pat Brown being Governor. During that time period DFG Officials raised from the ranks and we had some excellent leadership. Fishing license money was used to fishery management. Times changed and DFG management became political appointed and funds went into the General Fund for all to steal?
Beautiful State with enormous resources being flushed down the toilet. No easy answer.
Tom
eastbayanglers

Re: The California Department of Fish and Wildlife CDFW Worst Management in the USA

Post by eastbayanglers »

I agree no easy answer but when its all gone and people look back and say how did that happen, they will blame the people for not doing anything crooked and corrupt as it is we sit back and complain not take action what does that make us. Time for someone to come up with a realistic plan course of action we must! California is the best example of what not to do for any other state in the usa. In life there is never easy answers we must protect our resourses which are not only ours but the generations that follow after us will really ask why we all sat back and watched.
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

WRB wrote:I am old enough to remember Pat Brown being Governor. During that time period DFG Officials raised from the ranks and we had some excellent leadership. Fishing license money was used to fishery management. Times changed and DFG management became political appointed and funds went into the General Fund for all to steal?
Beautiful State with enormous resources being flushed down the toilet. No easy answer.
Tom
If need be i have a collection of books that run from the late 60s - late 80's all i have read they bash california and the governer they describe one article after another how badly it was being managed mostly in the late 70's-present day people were speaking out i should share some of those its really painting a picture of whats to come and come it did.
pd

Post by pd »

It’s not just the DFG, it’s the entire state’s system that is to blame. The teacher’s unions, top to bottom Sacramento based “leaders”, water managers, it’s all a shambles. And it’s a shame. I totally agree. The question now is what do we do about it. Voting is one idea, but dang that’s a real uphill battle!
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

"voting" is a futile action and does nothing by itself. Money talks, ..... walks (including voting).

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

I'm 84 and I have been hunting and fishing since I was big enough to hold a rod or rifle. The problem is the fish and game department is run by political appointees. If it be Democrat or Republican, the sportsmen and women of this state are at their mercy. There are a lot of good people working for the department but upper management is to busy trying to protect their positions. They don't do Deer surveys anymore but that doesn't stop them from setting the seasons and limits. A biologist is simply another employee that upper management doesn't pay any attention to. Look what has happened to the Deer population since they stopped the use of hunting Bears with dogs. Their numbers were once 10,000, now its estimated that there are 30,000. Look at the cost of licenses, highest resident cost in the US plus no break for the elderly. The only was that this is going to get changed is if a proposition is passed that the fish and game hire professionals and not political appointees in the top management. I've tried to do this for years to no avail. What's the old saying, the California Deer herd is the best studied and the worst managed in the country and this saying goes back many years.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Coyote268, well said. There was a time when we would have many deer grazing on our grass. Since the protection of mountain lions and the loss of bear hunting with dogs, the number of deer in Shasta County has gone steadily down

The number of observed bears and mountain lions on our property has increased.
hydro

Post by hydro »

[quote= The question now is what do we do about it. Voting is one idea, but dang that’s a real uphill battle![/quote]

People all over this Nation are fed up with incremental loss of our freedoms , disregard of our Constitutional rights , and the maladministration by our elected state and local officials . We have been conditioned to believe the only avenues available to correct dis-satisfaction with our Government is through the court system , recall petition , or Voting at election time purposely steering the people into a dead end the majority of the time .

There is a couple of guys in Arizona who came up with a solution so simple using the people's powers spelled out in the state Constitution . Most of the big Legal experts originally laughed at them and said what they were doing would never work yet it did . The 2020 election audit in Maricopa county Az. for example and currently being used in other states to get 2020 Audits (Georgia , Penn. , Mich , New Hampshire .
The same tactics have been successful against Local School Boards (mask mandates) and city governments (covid business restrictions/lockdowns ) . Josh Barnett and David Jose are a couple of Patriotic American's who said enough is enough it's time to take our government back . They have lots of video's on several social media platforms .