Father and "young" son win UFC7

AnglersPress

Father and "young" son win UFC7

Post by AnglersPress »

FlagFinal-page-001.jpg
BETHEL ISLAND CA. – The only thing better than spending a weekend on the water fishing with a friend, is when that friend also happens to be your young son.

And that blessing came to pass at this weekend’s Ultimate Frog Challenge event (UFC7), as the "dynamic duo" team of Jason Cornell and Myles Cornell topped a massive field of 170 teams to win their first UFC title in the pro division.

“Winning this event is fantastic”, noted dad Jason, but better than that, is that I won it with my 12-year-old son which creates a memory that I’ll treasure for the rest of my life”.

They commented that the bulk of their 20.13 6-fish limit came on the SPRO “Popping Frog “as well as a “Buzz” frog, as they targeted sparse mats that were protected by the weekend’s aggressive winds.

For the win they received $5,300 and two custom trophies!

It should also be noted that Myles also won the event’s Youth division with a bass that weighed 3.77 pounds.
ProWinners-page-001.jpg
Cervelli and Spencer REPEAT as UFC Am division champions!

Also posting a command performance in the Am division was Aaron Cervelli and Mike Spencer who now have the distinct honor of being the only two-time champions in UFC history, as they rode their train to victory on the strength of a 21.55 6-fish limit.

They would not reveal what they caught their fish on, as they plan on fishing next weekend’s Snag Proof Open event, but they were visibly delighted with the $2,700 cash payout and custom trophies they received for their hard work.

Optimum’s “Furbit Frog” wins Manufacturers Cup

AngeloArmando.jpeg
Angelo Alorro, manufacturer’s rep for Optimum baits, explained to the large crowd in attendance at the awards ceremony, that the success of this frog lies in the fact that it is unique, and offers something delta bass have not seen before”.

Congratulation Optimum baits …the newest UFC7 “Royal Rumble” Champions!

A big thanks to all anglers that helped make UFC7 a very fun and special event. And a special thanks to our devoted partners; Gone Fishin’ Marine, Ram Trucks, Navionics, River2Sea, Gamakatsu, Daiwa, Johnson Outdoors, Fish Lab, Johnson Bait and Tackle, Fisherman’s Warehouse, and Turner’s Outdoorsman for their unwavering support that continues to help make the annual UFC event the marquee “topwater frogs only” event in the west.

Next up?...

It’s the $10,000 1st place Ram Trucks Invitational – presented by Lasher Elk Grove Dodge which is open to ALL anglers, this weekend (Aug 7th - 8th) on the California Delta at Ladd’s Marina!

See you there!

Angler’s Press Outdoors