NEW VIDEO “Lake Oroville Drought Conditions in the South Fork Near Enterprise Bridge 631ft 8/28/21 | 4K Footage”

BassUnion

NEW VIDEO “Lake Oroville Drought Conditions in the South Fork Near Enterprise Bridge 631ft 8/28/21 | 4K Footage”

Post by BassUnion »

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

It's 8/28/21 and Lake Oroville is at a historic low water level of 631ft and dropping a foot daily. I am a local bass fishing guide in the area with zero access to the lake because all of the ramps have shut down. Unable to guide I decided to get some drone footage of different parts of the lake showcasing the detrimental affects that this drought is causing the lake and those relying on it. The sky is filled with smoke from the horrific Dixie Fire. Pray for rain...

CLICK the Link below to watch the full video and SUBSCRIBE for future content.

Mark-C

Re: NEW VIDEO “Lake Oroville Drought Conditions in the South Fork Near Enterprise Bridge 631ft 8/28/21 | 4K Footage”

Post by Mark-C »

That is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for sharing this awesome video.
M Pollard

Re: NEW VIDEO “Lake Oroville Drought Conditions in the South Fork Near Enterprise Bridge 631ft 8/28/21 | 4K Footage”

Post by M Pollard »

The video is heartbreaking. Its not a Drought thing, its a money thing. There selling our water and depleting our
resources for Ca pockets. The water is not evaporating. Oroville is a huge lake with 4 major arms.. It was full 3-4
years ago. Some people in our government and water resources should go to jail. this is sickening....Some people
asses need to go to jail.... :oops: :oops:
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

Really Tragic!
what happened to competent managers in this state? poor water storage management, graffiti and filth from north to south cali, the in ability to assist the indigent. what happened to the intelligence in California?
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

This video cut me deep. This is the area where my brother and I do most of our bank fishing . With that apocalyptic music playing in the background and no water, I must admit I got a little choked up and teary eyed watching it. Great video!
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

Wow!!! I started my Oroville fishing the Spring of 1970, fishing from the bank in that last big cove to the right before the Enterprise Bridge. I am too old to recall the name of that cove now, but I caught my biggest Oroville LM that year. It was only 5 1/2 pounds but was awfully big to me. I am 80 now and I still hope to fish up there again before I have to give it up.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

By releasing all that water are the rivers better off today then they were lets say March or April? I say no.
Now when they need it most for the salmon run, they have none because they release it all...
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

Mark-C wrote:That is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for sharing this awesome video.
Thanks Mark!
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

M Pollard wrote:The video is heartbreaking. Its not a Drought thing, its a money thing. There selling our water and depleting our
resources for Ca pockets. The water is not evaporating. Oroville is a huge lake with 4 major arms.. It was full 3-4
years ago. Some people in our government and water resources should go to jail. this is sickening....Some people
It’s definitely a problem and it’s affecting not just my business but many others too…
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

callwakeup wrote:Really Tragic!
what happened to competent managers in this state? poor water storage management, graffiti and filth from north to south cali, the in ability to assist the indigent. what happened to the intelligence in California?
Living in this area all my life it is unbelievable that in just the last few years the spillway almost flooded the town, multiple fires, and now this? :shock:
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

Joe daddy wrote:This video cut me deep. This is the area where my brother and I do most of our bank fishing . With that apocalyptic music playing in the background and no water, I must admit I got a little choked up and teary eyed watching it. Great video!
I feel your pain brother, thanks for watching!
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

BASNFAN wrote:Wow!!! I started my Oroville fishing the Spring of 1970, fishing from the bank in that last big cove to the right before the Enterprise Bridge. I am too old to recall the name of that cove now, but I caught my biggest Oroville LM that year. It was only 5 1/2 pounds but was awfully big to me. I am 80 now and I still hope to fish up there again before I have to give it up.
McCabe’s cove! That area holds some big ones! Thanks for watching let’s pray we get water this year.
BassUnion

Post by BassUnion »

M Pollard wrote:By releasing all that water are the rivers better off today then they were lets say March or April? I say no.
Now when they need it most for the salmon run, they have none because they release it all...
It’s a shame.
Pat

Post by Pat »

M Pollard wrote:The video is heartbreaking. Its not a Drought thing, its a money thing. There selling our water and depleting our
The lake was full just 2 years ago, after overflowing in 2017. With the weather forecasting capability available now there is no excuse for all our low water.
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

I have lived a few minutes from Lime Saddle my entire life. When the lake is full in the summer, I will generally fish it every single day. I check the water input/output just about every day. To try to blame the managers, or pretend that we are not in a drought, is absurd. This past winter the water simply did not make it into the lake. Even when we had storms the water input was strikingly low compared to previous years/storms. It was frustrating to watch, as every storm I would expect to see higher numbers.

Here is an article that provides some insight on what happened:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/23/ ... -supplies/
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Appreciate you sharing that article Ken. My two big takeaways from it are these comments:

"California’s water system was mostly built between the 1930s and the 1960s, for a climate that doesn’t exist any more."

So the water system we have is old and needs to be updated, yet we don't seem to be making it a priority in this state to fix it? What exactly would be more important than providing an adequate water supply water to the state?

"Most of the main sites for dams on rivers are already taken, while others are politically unfeasible (think Big Sur or in national parks), he noted. But existing off-stream reservoirs can be expanded, huge amounts of water can be stored in underground aquifers, and cities can capture and reuse storm water, he said."

It's time to start thinking about other ways to capture water and runoff before it evaporates or goes into the ground. The video that Joe posted above is both sad and breathtaking at the same time. Let's hope that more articles like above along with videos and images like these spur real change in this state in how we manage the water supply...
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team