Prop Help

Jboutfishn

Prop Help

Post by Jboutfishn »

Going to buy a spare for my 2021 Z19 Pro. Factory prop is a 23P Fury. Max RPM 6000. Unless you are perfectly trimmed, steering is very hard on left turns. A 24 Bravo has been suggested, looking for more input! Any help?

Thanks in advance!
WRB

Re: Prop Help

Post by WRB »

Have checked the cavitation plate torque tab?
You don’t want to run 6K rpms very long, 5800 is a better target, what engine & hp?
Tom
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

TNX for your reply. You have a PM
The motor is the V8 Pro XS 200HP. There is no torque tab. Max RPM is 6200. I am sure with the right conditions I would turn 6200.
I am not interested in max speed, looking for something that will give best handling.
WRB

Post by WRB »

I don’t see the PM?
Torque can be an issue of too much wetted hull. To add prop lift you need negative rake, to add speed you add prop tip cup. Changing pitch is a new prop. A good prop shop can modify your the prop before buying a new one.
Tom
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Resent PM
monte300

Post by monte300 »

WRB wrote:I don’t see the PM?
Torque can be an issue of too much wetted hull. To add prop lift you need negative rake, to add speed you add prop tip cup. Changing pitch is a new prop. A good prop shop can modify your the prop before buying a new one.
Tom
Years ago I had my Bass Renegade four blade stainless prop on my TR19 Triton worked down from a 25 to a 23 pitch and it's the best money I ever spent. My understanding is two levels of pitch up or down is the absolute max without having to buy a new prop. This got rid of chine walk and made my boat more responsive with a better hole shot, which works perfectly for me on the Delta. I only gave up a couple MPH on the top end with my 175HP Ficht.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Tom
Phils Prop Shop or David at Russo's are great local prop guys who can talk you through it and suggest what needs to happen.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
monte300

Post by monte300 »

ash wrote:
Tom
Phils Prop Shop or David at Russo's are great local prop guys who can talk you through it and suggest what needs to happen.
I had a really good repair experience with David from Russo's
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

monte300 wrote:
ash wrote:
Tom
I had a really good repair experience with David from Russo's
Me, too. David is great.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY