TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

skip stevens

TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

Post by skip stevens »

Anybody repair minnkota trolling motors in the bay area. It's a fortrex that is very hard to turn. I've played with the foot pedal adjustment screw. It doesn't help.
MarkB67

Re: TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

Post by MarkB67 »

Call Hook, Line & Sinker in Oakley … They got a guy there, I forget his name, who is a magician with all things Minnkota… He’s worked on my Fortrex and my Talons.
skip stevens

Post by skip stevens »

Hey! The guy at the hook retired. I phoned the hook and they don't have a repair guy. Thanks anyway.
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

Ok that’s a bummer … Regarding your ‘hard to turn’ Fortex … Did you happen to hit something, get on a plane with the trolling motor down etc. recently ? Because it kind of sounds like a bent shaft issue. Which isn’t an easy fix… it will still need it to be repaired by a tech.
skip stevens

Post by skip stevens »

Mark.. Good info, if I can ever find a repair person. To all you college kids or retirees looking to supplement your income, get trained and become a repairperson. With all the bass boats and trolling motors just around the delta, I would think finding someone shouldn't be this difficult.
skip stevens

Post by skip stevens »

hey! I went to redding and the motor master Jay Liu had the motor fixed in an hour. 400 mile round trip worth it. Jay is the master. Dont talk to him when he's doing his thing. He's a great guy.