WRB

Clear lake guides

Post by WRB »

Any suggestions currently?
Tom
Hogbassing

Re: Clear lake guides

Post by Hogbassing »

Want you goal? Swimbaits and ARig? (Bigbait Baily) Or just catching fish (j.pearl guide service and clear lake guide service) this is just a few guides. There are a ton of good guides. Find some one you click with. You dont want to fish with someone you cant stand and just won't to get off the water.
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

There’s lots of great guides here. I can name 10 off the top of my head. Richard Pounds has retired. Guides are subject to ramp conditions just like the rest of us. 5 th street the only usable ramp Until we get a bunch of rain. No telling how long the ramp will be usable as the water there is getting shallower every day
WRB

Post by WRB »

The guide isn’t for don’t need one, it’s for a friend from the mid west.
We had a few members who are Clear lake guides, just can’t remember who is still in business there?
Tom
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I assume you mean bass guides? I say this because there are also guides that specialize in crappie and/or catfish.
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

The only one that frequently gets on here is Brenden Sapp .
In no particular order.
Ross England,Bob Myskey, Carl Keller, Paul Bailey,John Pearl ,Jeremy Taylor,Troy Bellah, Josh Adams
all working
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Go with Zach from Livefast Movement. He’s notorious for putting days on the water to learn and replicate a pattern for his clients! Megabass gear and a brand new Skeeter is a added Bonus! 15156890886
WRB

Post by WRB »

Thanks for all the recommendations, will pass on a few names that I recognize and trust.
Tom
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

Bob Myskey is a heck of a good guide and a real nice person.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Ditto on Bob Myskey, I've fished with him the last five years and done well. He is a little old school regarding the electronics but knows the lake extremely well as he lives right there and has been doing this for a very long time. I did two back to back days with him in early July 2020 and got a 6 lb. 11 oz on the first day and a 7 lb. 10 oz. on day two. I've had nothing but good times fishing with Bob and he is a great person.
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Bob is an excellent guide with years of experience - and success! I have had clients that fished with
Bob and had a great time! We have talked many, many times about the lake and some fun stories about
guiding there. I would recommend him highly. The experience he has on the lake is priceless!! He has
probably seen every weather pattern Clear Lake throws at us and he has seen it all. I guided on 4 or 5
major lakes in my career, but the weather conditions were very important on a open lake like Clear Lake,
and you want a guide with may years of experience on an open water lake - know for its sometimes nasty
wind. I was guiding one night at Clear Lake and we felt the wind blow in all four directions during a 5 minute
period. I read about a similar event in the Bible and thought that would be a weird experience.
NOT at Clear Lake!!