toc practice southern oregon bassin

Smokie

toc practice southern oregon bassin

Post by Smokie »

Well the plan was to go figure out what the green dudes were gonna b up to, and I'm not so sure I learned enough to go win it next week when it counts, but I know more than I had if I didn't make the effort to practice and I feel alright about it to get the gremlins out my boat looking back. I was getting rusty out salmon fishing the last monthish. I did end my day by breaking my trolling motor steering cable, at a really bad spot with big wind to boot. I got home worried where the heck I'd find a steering cable this week right now, and kinda had a loomy feeling, stressing if I broke my boat right before the TOC, but I got home and pulled out this super old extra trolling motor from my pile of trolling motors and it so happened to use the same cable and was a fairly simple swap. The donor motor was a early 90's brute motorguide I got in a buy it all fishing stuff sale, and it swapped into my old but not as old late 90s-2000ish motorguide pro tour really easily, with a few not rusty extra parts too, and in a couple hours I was back in it good to go. I finally caught a lil break and I feel better to gotten all the issues out now before they matter on tourney day, I got plans for the off season and all, but didnt wanna start early and needed a lil luck, hopefully I ride the go smooth vibe fishing next weekend and get a new trophy, I feel like I got a shot at it anyway wish me luck fellas :D
Attachments
20211002_212151.jpg
Phishphinder

Re: toc practice southern oregon bassin

Post by Phishphinder »

I have a motor guide cable still in package if you want it. I switched over to minkota so have no use for it. Text me and I will mail it to you.

Brian
650-269-1367
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

dude thats really rad of you, I fixed mine for now and hopefully wont need another one before im upgrayeding myself... so id almost rather see you give it to the next guy in need more than myself taking it for a backup... im gonna text you tom id like to offer you a steelhead trip for your kindness paying it forward, that was a rad offer, so id like to make an offer of a days fishing back to you if your into it, if not thanks man that was nice of you and ill be saying thanks personally on top of the thanks you just read here...
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

Pretty proud of cashing a check in my first t.o.c. wasn't the big days i hoped for but I made it in and than cashed a check, so thats a pretty good deal. I fished all year solo exception of the last tourney so I think I would do even better with a pard in the future but i did it all by myself vs quite a few good teams too. my practice fish had bailed and i had to go hunting for mine but found enough to get me the last check and a smile to go home on... wheres the next one guys, im not done chasing the wood... :D
Attachments
20211010_145813.jpg