Will existing wiring for HDS Live 9 work for HDS Carbon 16

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Pepsi man

Will existing wiring for HDS Live 9 work for HDS Carbon 16

Post by Pepsi man »

I got my hands on a new carbon 16 that is coming in the mail. I have a single HDS Live 9 at the console that I will move to the bow and use for ActiveTarget. Will the existing wires for the Live work for the Carbon? I know the pins have changed from some models but not sure if it is from Carbon to Lives.. thanks.
Marc

Re: Will existing wiring for HDS Live 9 work for HDS Carbon 16

Post by Marc »

Same cables. You are good.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

Marc wrote:Same cables. You are good.
Thanks. I appreciate it.
Nysrx

Post by Nysrx »

In case you didnt see my other post. Carbon is 7 pin for the 2 d. Live was 9 pin for the 2d sonar port. All units before live were 7 pin plugs on the 2 d sonar port. If you had the 2 d 9 pin with the live you will need an adapter. If you were you using the A1 3 in 1 then you you are good to go. The structure port side hook up have always been 9 pin.
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

Nysrx wrote:In case you didnt see my other post. Carbon is 7 pin for the 2 d. Live was 9 pin for the 2d sonar port. All units before live were 7 pin plugs on the 2 d sonar port. If you had the 2 d 9 pin with the live you will need an adapter. If you were you using the A1 3 in 1 then you you are good to go. The structure port side hook up have always been 9 pin.
Thanks..I'm using a 2 in 1 transducer and a thru hull 2d. Looks like I'll have to get a 9 to 7 pin adapter which is no biggie. They got then at my local bps.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Since you asked if the wires were the same I thought you were referring to the power wires. Yes, the transducer plug is different and will either require the adapter, or a new 7 pin connector transducer.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

Marc wrote:Since you asked if the wires were the same I thought you were referring to the power wires. Yes, the transducer plug is different and will either require the adapter, or a new 7 pin connector transducer.
No worries bud. I eventually found the information I needed and thought ahead to order any adapters I may need to not delay the install. Since they have the adapter I need at my local bps its no biggie.