lower unit fun, theyre not that bad to swap...

Smokie

lower unit fun, theyre not that bad to swap...

Post by Smokie »

so my old lower been grinding and slipping, buring up prop hubs and well all around dying... I ordered a new one and after a month of waiting of some shipping hickups i finally got everything I needed except the confidence to perform evinrude surgery... I pulled the drain plug to drain my old lower and literally had the old gear oil splooge and explode all over me, making me smell like burnt gear oil all night, that was five mins into doing this... but that was absolutely the worse part and everything else went well, and I successfully swapped a new lower onto my boat myself with a new impeller and pump housing and it took about two hours... Im sharing this for two reasons, one is i feel like a stud for doing it myself and saving the bucks, phils will appreaciate the extra tackle i buy this weekend im sure... and two is to tell you guys its not so bad if your debating some diy lower repairs or getting to the water pump. in all the service i have done ive never done a lower swap and its pretty easy, but ive never had my gear oil splooge out like that and omg it was toast... anyway im bout to go kik some shasta bass wish me luck fellas, unless your fishing vs me :lol: than go ahead and hope i fudged something up :roll:
20211111_140115.jpg
20211111_143400.jpg
20211111_163123.jpg
Jboutfishn

Re: lower unit fun, theyre not that bad to swap...

Post by Jboutfishn »

Ugh. :roll: