Buoyed Off Whiskey Slough

Fast Eddie

Buoyed Off Whiskey Slough

Post by Fast Eddie »

An FYI for those of you fishing the Kiss My Bass tourney, or just fishing in general, after the turner cut bridge you have to go around the back side of the island to gain access to Whiskey, as the front access has been buoyed off. Hard to see if the fog is thick.
TL
FE
gabuelhaj

Re: Buoyed Off Whiskey Slough

Post by gabuelhaj »

Thanks for the heads up! Was like that last year as well....

What's the reason for the buoys at that location?

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

It's been like that for several years. I went by there about a week ago and it was hard to see. Appeared to be just a rope going across without many buoys holding it up.
I believe its to help keep the hyacinth out of Whiskey Slough. That place was choked off to the outside world a few years ago.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Whoopbass wrote:It's been like that for several years. I went by there about a week ago and it was hard to see. Appeared to be just a rope going across without many buoys holding it up.
I believe its to help keep the hyacinth out of Whiskey Slough. That place was choked off to the outside world a few years ago.
You are exactly right Whoopbass, the barrier is to try and keep hyacinth out of Whiskey Slough. I keep my boat stored there and five or six years ago the slough was totally covered with hyacinth and the ramp was closed.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Are they launching at Whisky now. Ramp was closed to the public a month ago and the gal that answers the phone said she didn't know when it would reopen.https://whiskeyslough.com/
Last edited by fastfiat on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

To my knowledge the ramp is open to the public Monday-Thursday, at least the last I saw. The reason they aren't open to the public on the weekend is because a logjam is created on the ramp and in the parking lot. Whiskey Slough stores hundreds of boats and the guys that work their need the space to do their jobs, especially on busy weekends.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Just check the Whisky web site. Ramp is closed until further notice. Usually closed Friday through Sunday from labor day until memorial day.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »