Recent El Salto report?

bassdaddy

Recent El Salto report?

Post by bassdaddy »

My fishing partner and I will be at El Salto January 10-15. I know the unusually high water from the fall hurricane made fishing uncharacteristically tough in November and early December but I've been told its starting to come back. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently and are willing to share some insight.
Thank you
monte300

Re: Recent El Salto report?

Post by monte300 »

bassdaddy wrote:My fishing partner and I will be at El Salto January 10-15. I know the unusually high water from the fall hurricane made fishing uncharacteristically tough in November and early December but I've been told its starting to come back. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently and are willing to share some insight.
Thank you
A friend of mine just returned from El Salto and he said it was super tough. There was one cove that had decent fishing and every guide was in there wall to wall. He caught three bass one day and eight the next. After being there 2.5 days they moved to Pichachos and in 4.5 days they caught around 950 bass. They caught most of their fish on squarbills and small plastics. They hardly used any of the big baits they took. They were told fishing probably won’t be good on El Salto, especially on big fish until February. Good luck!