Tackle Warehouse hack

Fast Eddie

Tackle Warehouse hack

Post by Fast Eddie »

Received notice last night that TW was hacked on 10/01/21. Luckily for me I discovered the problem with my card at the last statement when these AXX holes charged $113. A Camera retailer told me that several attempts were made to charge various computer items but were rejected because the of phone number problems. So beware and check your statements. Unfortunately I will no longer be making online purchases. This was a PITA, as they got name, address, card number AND Security code. Hope I was the only one, but I fear there were others.
TL
FE
PS Wonder why it took so long to notify me when the hack was discovered on 10/15?
Javelin Jim

Re: Tackle Warehouse hack

Post by Javelin Jim »

I received the same notice last night. Not sure what to think of this. Fortunately I discarded the credit card they had online awhile back. Not sure if it’s safe to purchase online from them in the future.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

I also had two of my debit/credit cards hacked that I originally had used to purchase items from tackle warehouse. Both cards had charges attempted on them and both cards needed to be replaced. I also don’t understand why it took so long to notify people. Hopefully TW increases their cybersecurity so this doesn’t happen again. I do like shopping with them online because of their selection and convenience of getting products shipped to my door usually in two days. Always helpful and always accept returns.
Last edited by 185vsfrog on Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
scubaman

Post by scubaman »

Yep..received this yesterday too….Tackle Warehouse you suck!
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

With hackers and credit card fraud at an all time high this year, I feel like anything mail order I’ll buy a gift card with cash and use a burner credit card. That way I’m only spending what’s on the card and then I discard or reload it before making another purchase. So far this year I’ve been hit twice locking up my accounts. If it was done on a credit card it was reversed as soon as I found itbut the series of charges on my ATM Debit card had to be investigated as fraud and I didn’t get my cash back for 11 days. Had to close all my ATM cards down and get new ones. Real PITA when you bank with USAA and the nearest branch is in Texas. These people are the horse thieves of this generation.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Not to bust on TW but because of this issue potentially happening I always buy from TW as a guest meaning I "Never" have my CC info saved and on file. However.... and this is my beef, I got hacked too so they save my data anyway, Disapointing to say the least!
Dharris488

Post by Dharris488 »

I too recently had both my credit and debit card used fraudulently. Both within a week of each other the week of 12/6. I have never experienced fraud on any of my cards so it was weird I had two cards in a week span. Guess I know where the leak came from now.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

All thieves belong under the jail. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

For the first time ever, I had to cancel a card a few weeks back due to fraudulent charges. Also a tacklewarehouse user (although I think normally I checkout as a guest.)
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

Dharris488 wrote:I too recently had both my credit and debit card used fraudulently. Both within a week of each other the week of 12/6. I have never experienced fraud on any of my cards so it was weird I had two cards in a week span. Guess I know where the leak came from now.

Same week with mine, good info to know.
Dek

Post by Dek »

I also had both my cards hacked within a week of each other. The one used at TW has had no fraudulent charges on it, bank said keep using it until my other card arrives. I don't blame TW for the work of criminals, it happens more than most would know.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Ditto here! I had to replace 2 cards. I don't blame TW, I blame the thieves, but TW should take greater precautions.
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
FISHIN

Post by FISHIN »

ME TOO!!!!!