Gas Prices

Gas Prices

Post by 392 »

With fuel going over $5 a gallon headed to 6 maybe more, at what price point will people start staying home and not fish local tournaments? I for one know if it goes much higher I will not be able to afford the tournaments we enjoy fishing now.
jiggin4bass

Re: Gas Prices

Post by jiggin4bass »

So your going to stay home and not fish because of gas prices. Really
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

The only way gas prices will go down is when enough people cut their driving down to a minimum and the oil companies profits decline ! the same thing happened in 2008 !….
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

With these gas prices it's getting harder to justify fishing more than once a week.
As far as tournaments, I generally fish smaller tournaments and fish alone. I'm going to have to take a partner to offset the costs.
Gas prices will go down when the powers that be say so.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I am not going to be changing my fishing schedule, however, it may affect the run n gun or extra fishing trips. Lots of orgs are seeing good numbers and BBT is no exception I anticipate we will continue to see 100 boat fields in our major regions. As a matter of fact, you can join in on the fun March 12 at Lake Berryessa, show the government you won't be told to stay home :mrgreen:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

Gas prices will have a ripple effect on everything that takes fuel to move it. Consumables may see another 10-20% increase and well as hard product. UPS, FedEx, DHL will be increasing accordingly. I just feel bad for folks that were looking to retire and their 401k and 457k accounts took a dump.

It will take a minute just like it did in 2008 to catch up but there will be some great deals on boats, RV’s coming up if a recession hits. That’s when the derby numbers will fall off.
Last edited by LookoutRanch on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

Have you recently booked a hotel?
Just booked two nights at a hotel in Lakeport for an upcoming tournament.
$245.00 a night? :shock:
So once you spend $500.00 in fuel to get there and back you will have to fork out another $500.00 to stay.
Ridiculous
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

Who’s charging $245 a night in Lakeport?😳
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

jeremy z wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:48 am Have you recently booked a hotel?
So once you spend $500.00 in fuel to get there and back you will have to fork out another $500.00 to stay.
Ridiculous
Weekend or Weekday? I fish an annual derby in May and the prices get steep that week for whatever the excuse is. I found it’s cheaper to get 2-3 guys and rent a house.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
hydro

Post by hydro »

Some say the reduction in domestic oil pumping causing higher gas prices is an intentional act to convince people to go to electric vehicles . How does one tow a boat or RV with an electric vehicle unless the ramp is at the end of your street ? With these higher gas prices the sales tax on a gallon of gas is also higher resulting in a windfall tax revenue for the state . If everyone magically were to ditch their ICE cars and trucks and go electric all of the Fed and State tax revenue from gas sales would suddenly dry up resulting in no money coming in for "Road Improvements " wink , wink , (AKA "Special Projects"). I wonder if the geniuses in Government pushing electric vehicles have stopped to consider this ?
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

hydro wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:19 pm Some say the reduction in domestic oil pumping causing higher gas prices is an intentional act to convince people to go to electric vehicles . How does one tow a boat or RV with an electric vehicle unless the ramp is at the end of your street ? With these higher gas prices the sales tax on a gallon of gas is also higher resulting in a windfall tax revenue for the state . If everyone magically were to ditch their ICE cars and trucks and go electric all of the Fed and State tax revenue from gas sales would suddenly dry up resulting in no money coming in for "Road Improvements " wink , wink , (AKA "Special Projects"). I wonder if the geniuses in Government pushing electric vehicles have stopped to consider this ?
I’m sure they’ll create a new energy tax to improve on renewal energy programs… Don’t underestimate a starving politician.
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

The Hayatt at skylark shores.
Thursday and Friday night
Thursday was no cheaper
BS
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

jeremy z wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:40 pm The Hayatt at skylark shores.
Thursday and Friday night
Thursday was no cheaper
BS
That’s nuts. Looks like I’m renting a house again with a few other boats. Cheaper with a dock to keep the boat floating…….if the water holds.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
T_Bass3

Post by T_Bass3 »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:04 pm So your going to stay home and not fish because of gas prices. Really
Not sure why you're confused on that. Once gas prices hit $6 a gallon and more, not everyone will be able to afford hitting the lakes 2-3 times a week for prefishing and tourneys. Maybe you can afford it, but you can't speak for everyone. Be grateful that you still can afford to do it with these prices.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If you play your going to pay
You'll get over it.

Here some tips to save on gas
Check your tires
Reduce your speed
Avoid lots of starts and stops
Get rid of extra weight
Don't vote for Democrats
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
basshol

Post by basshol »

Just put in $450 and nothing full. My truck has 3/4 tank and so does my boat.
danny_c

Post by danny_c »

i am so glad that my two local home lakes are small (castaic, pyramid), 15 gallons of fuel will last me all month sometimes even longer. Hopefully the high gas prices will keep all the pleasure boaters @ home this summer.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Anyone who has no issues with current gas prices either has plenty of money or their priorities screwed up! :mrgreen:
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Getting your priorities straight because of high gas prices that are going to hit hard by summer
Get a second job
Buy a good boat cover
And go buy a good kayak if you still want to fishing.
Reality sucks don't it. lol
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

Yes, reality is real! God Bless America!!
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

I live 10-15 miles from 6 different ramps. If I dont run around the lake much its still 30 bucks gas and at least 10 in the truck.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Instead of my hot foot buried against the floor I back off 2 or 3K rpm and that saves a little gas
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

So let me get this straight. Two days ago, gas went up 15 cents, then over night it went up 16 cents over night. The station filled it's tanks 2 days ago and paid a wholesale price. So the cheaper gas the station paid for is now charging us 31 cents more expensive, and they say this is not gouging. To quote the Great Benefit letter from the Rainmaker " you must be stupid, stupid, stupid," Oh yeah, and the $15.00 hr min wage increase isn't helping either. Luckily for us the tax on a gallon of gas isn't going up, so the government gets the same amount no matter what the price. Our illustrious governor should waive the special formula crap so we can import gas and drop the price to a national average. Just sayin.
TL
FE
biteme

Post by biteme »

The main lake I fish is pretty small. Last month I saw this coming and filled the boat up 54 gallons. It will last me the summer.

I wanted to do some trips but I'll pass this year now and stay close to home. Close is still a hour lol.
Popper

Post by Popper »

Ridiculous
Show me a place worth spending $245.00 dollars a night in Clear Lake, and I'll show you a 5 Star Hotel in Afghanistan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Popper

Post by Popper »

392 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:22 pm With fuel going over $5 a gallon headed to 6 maybe more, at what price point will people start staying home and not fish local tournaments? I for one know if it goes much higher I will not be able to afford the tournaments we enjoy fishing now.
No question, Tournament Circuits will see a major hit in participation as the year progresses forward.
-Saying otherwise is wishful thinking as there are higher financial priorities in a period of run away inflation, obscene energy and food prices.

Fishing tournaments is a recreational luxury on the weekends unless you're fishing for a living.

Just wait till they raise the price of fuel in May due to Summer Blend. :roll:

Ed
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

Popper wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:32 pm
Ridiculous
No kidding. The bigger derbs in April might command that price but after that they may want to correct to something a little closer to planet earth.

Show me a place worth spending $245.00 dollars a night in Clear Lake, and I'll show you a 5 Star Hotel in Afghanistan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
WRB

Re: Gas Price

Post by WRB »

Petroleum oils that make up gasoline is only the tip of the ice burg. All our plastics products plastisol (plastics worms) , composites for fishing rods, reels, line, boats, tires, batteries etc, etc. are petroleum base products. Gasoline prices are a factor of inflation and devaluation of the US $.
Hang on things are getting ugly fast.
Tom
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Democrat reality :lol:
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Popper

Post by Popper »

WRB wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:32 pm Petroleum oils that make up gasoline is only the tip of the ice burg. All our plastics products plastisol (plastics worms) , composites for fishing rods, reels, line, boats, tires, batteries etc, etc. are petroleum base products. Gasoline prices are a factor of inflation and devaluation of the US $.
Tom
Forgot to add in killing domestic oil drilling through Federal Regulations to transport and refine,
day ☝️ in office.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

LookoutRanch wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:26 am Gas prices will have a ripple effect on everything that takes fuel to move it. Consumables may see another 10-20% increase and well as hard product. UPS, FedEx, DHL will be increasing accordingly. I just feel bad for folks that were looking to retire and their 401k and 457k accounts took a dump.

It will take a minute just like it did in 2008 to catch up but there will be some great deals on boats, RV’s coming up if a recession hits. That’s when the derby numbers will fall off.
Anyone looking to retire should of been smart enough to see this coming and adjusted their IRA & 401K portfolios !
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

birdman920 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 pm
LookoutRanch wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:26 am Gas prices will have a ripple effect on everything that takes fuel to move it. Consumables may see another 10-20% increase and well as hard product. UPS, FedEx, DHL will be increasing accordingly. I just feel bad for folks that were looking to retire and their 401k and 457k accounts took a dump.

Anyone looking to retire should of been smart enough to see this coming and adjusted their IRA & 401K portfolios !
Even Marty Nelson’s brokerage firm didn’t see it hitting this hard and to just change portfolios isn’t overnight when money is spread through Large Cap, Small Cap, Bonds, etc. I’m
5 years out from retirement and slowed my growth rate but took a substantial hit. It’s fairly customary to change portfolio aggressiveness 24-18 months to max potential growth, so even people on a 18-36 month retirement track will feel this. With a “pro managed” account people still got toasted with 1 month warning so unless you have everything in the market to cash out within days you took a hit, but you paid new taxes on it as well. Pick your poison.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
WRB

Post by WRB »

Popper wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:07 pm
WRB wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:32 pm Petroleum oils that make up gasoline is only the tip of the ice burg. All our plastics products plastisol (plastics worms) , composites for fishing rods, reels, line, boats, tires, batteries etc, etc. are petroleum base products. Gasoline prices are a factor of inflation and devaluation of the US $.
Tom
Forgot to add in killing domestic oil drilling through Federal Regulations to transport and refine,
day ☝️ in office.
You can’t build a road to the lease site, get a permit to lay a pipe line to transport any crude found to store it. Not 1 drop of new oil has been sold do to feds law suits. Leases are simply a distraction talking point.
Vote, vote , vote!
Tom
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

WRB wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:35 am
Popper wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:07 pm
Tom
day ☝️ in office.
You can’t build a road to the lease site, get a permit to lay a pipe line to transport any crude found to store it. Not 1 drop of new oil has been sold do to feds law suits. Leases are simply a distraction talking point.
Vote, vote , vote!
Tom
👆🏻100%. One of the truest statements in this thread. Nothing but distractions
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
biteme

Post by biteme »

The admin and their "leases" are getting exposed. Seriously what is the admins end goal here? This is about to hit food prices even harder.

There's no infrastructure for EVs. Don't get me wrong we've thought about buying one but with the decline on available power we held off. Now imagine every car on the road or delivery truck being a EV. I just want to know what the plan is on how to power all these EVs.

Not that the admin cares but a EV truck isn't pulling my boat or hauling loads.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Not unless you have $90k to spend on an EV truck
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

If these prices continue ? your gas or diesel powered vehicle will be worthless ! how are you supposed to by a EV ? even with a small subsidy or rebate ! if you can’t sell or trade your old vehicle ? then to top it off ! You will be paying a mileage tax instead of a gas tax ! these clown politicians who dream this stuff up are totally insane !
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Price of oil has dropped to about what it was before gas shot up overnight. Even if oil stays at this price all Summer it will take 2-3 months before gas gets down to the $4.00 range and then once it does they will manufacture some lame excuse to get it back up to $5.00.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

We'll never see $4 gas again. Those days are long gone. It will be around $10 by Memorial Weekend and after the 4th of July it might go down to $8 and never below again. Mark my words.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Fidlplr wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:44 am We'll never see $4 gas again. Those days are long gone. It will be around $10 by Memorial Weekend and after the 4th of July it might go down to $8 and never below again. Mark my words.
Never? I think I heard this before. We will get hit hard as long as this admin is in office.

I still want someone to explain to me how we plan to power all these EVs. No one wants hydro, oil, coal, nuclear, natural gas. What's the plan?
WRB

Post by WRB »

The EV plan is solar, wind, hydro and geo-thermal steam to generate clean electric power. Every EV requires chargers and time to recharge. You buy a home charger running on off the grid generated power over night. If your trip is beyond the charge you stop at a local charging station to recharge. What you do while waiting hours to charge isn’t factored in. If the charging system is overwhelmed with demand you are stuck. Like every government plan it’s never though through.
The cost of charging your EV isn’t free power, you pay and pay and pay.
The political climate will change, not the environmental climate.
Tom
PS, Californians pay .98 cents per gallon of gasoline in taxes.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Well I don't know about all this environmental B.S. but I bet if you dismiss the Democrat party and replaced it with the Republican party all this crap would go away. And Elon musk would go broke quick. 2022 and 2024 would do the trick.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Which Republicans? 75% of them ain't worth a **** either. The RINO's colluded with the Dem's to steal the presidency from Trump. Fox news was in on it as well. If you think Biden won legitimately then you're a fool and are probably still wearing a mask.
Not to mention they unleashed a virus that killed millions of people around the globe to help make this election fraud happen.
The only thing is going to help this country is if we vote all the Rino's out in 2022 and re-elect Trump in 2024. That will happen as long as they don't screw with the votes again and if Trump isn't assassinated. Those are both big "if's".

This all electric crap by 2030 will go away as well because there is no way its feasible. According to the Dem's we were suppose to run out of oil by the year 2000 and the world was going to end by 2020 due to global warming.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Well if Biden would put a no fly zone over the UK then you wouldn't have to worry about high gas prices or anything else.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
WRB

Post by WRB »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:39 pm Well I don't know about all this environmental B.S. but I bet if you dismiss the Democrat party and replaced it with the Republican party all this crap would go away. And Elon musk would go broke quick. 2022 and 2024 would do the trick.
Musk supports increasing domestic oil production to be independent from foreign suppliers.A stable US benefits sales.
Senator Kennedy has it right “this administration has a big wishbone but lacks a backbone”!
Tom
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

He also raising the prices on some of his models also he just announced today base model on one car went too $56,000.00.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Who cares what he's charging for his cars. We don't need or have to buy one of his cars.
Gas on the other hand everybody needs. They will keep it as high as they can without getting absurd just so most of em have a chance of getting re-elected. With all the dipshits that wore masks for two years straight I don't doubt they will go anywhere. They're all laughing at us. They stay in power and we get just enough so we don't rise up and throw em out. 90% of em need to go from the President, Supreme Court, FBI, and even down to your local school boards. They're not brilliant people. They haven't invented or created anything. They're a bunch normal jackasses that you come into contact from day to day that got lucky and some how rose up the political ladder.
Also need to get rid of main stream media. They're half the problem. Bunch of idiots that will read anything that's put in front of them.
Rant over :lol:
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

You'll get over it
Life go's on no matters which party's running to country.
Myself I'm not going to stay home over gas and food price's.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

"You will get over it" lol.....You say that in every other post.
I'm not getting over this or forgetting how corrupt this country is. Seems like 99% of the population forgets and re-elects these mofo's back in office.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

So what would be the plan to change the
current situation now or is somebody waiting til the 2022 midterms or for 2024 to see who wins as president the same old senators will still be in office and same old congressmen and women will still be in office and here in CA. the Democrats will still be running the state. Is there any hope I wouldn't hold my breath to long.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley