How to fish Windy Wednesday Nights

Fast Eddie

How to fish Windy Wednesday Nights

Post by Fast Eddie »

For those of you who missed it it WWN Week 3 post, here's what I know.

It's pretty easy, just be at Ladds Marina, ($13.00 launch fee I think), before 3 PM on a Wednesday and get in line.(meet new and exciting people :) :shock: ) As line moves, open live wells for check and get $60.00 ready. Stop where everyone else stops for boat check. Richard will check your live well, collect your dough, tell you what time wegh in will be and off you go to launch and go park vehicle and trailer. Launch at will, go fish and have fun, but be back at appointed time. Put livewells on recirculate, get in line. Weigh fish, Drive back to ramp, dump fish. Park again. Collect some money (if your good), if not head for the barn. No muss.....no fuss......just fun.

As far a who sponsors this I don't know, but the weighmaster works at C&C Marine. I've never stayed for the weigh in. Didn't figure I had the weight.
I once asked on this forum about etiquette and off limits. I believe gas docks, but not sure about others.
In conclusion, as they used to say "Try it, You'll like it."
TL
FE
JeremyBMR

Re: How to fish Windy Wednesday Nights

Post by JeremyBMR »

What date does this tournament run till?
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Last year their TOC was the last Wednesday of Aug.
First Wed of May thru last Wed of Aug
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Fast Eddie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:01 am For those of you who missed it it WWN Week 3 post, here's what I know.

It's pretty easy, just be at Ladds Marina, ($13.00 launch fee I think), before 3 PM on a Wednesday and get in line.(meet new and exciting people :) :shock: ) As line moves, open live wells for check and get $60.00 ready. Stop where everyone else stops for boat check. Richard will check your live well, collect your dough, tell you what time wegh in will be and off you go to launch and go park vehicle and trailer. Launch at will, go fish and have fun, but be back at appointed time. Put livewells on recirculate, get in line. Weigh fish, Drive back to ramp, dump fish. Park again. Collect some money (if your good), if not head for the barn. No muss.....no fuss......just fun.

As far a who sponsors this I don't know, but the weighmaster works at C&C Marine. I've never stayed for the weigh in. Didn't figure I had the weight.
I once asked on this forum about etiquette and off limits. I believe gas docks, but not sure about others.
TL
FE
You covered it pretty good!!! As far as who sponsors it there are not any official sponsors, but it is 100% payback as Gerry and Richard just enjoy putting them on and pay for the permits out of their own pockets. We do typically find someone to sponsor the trophies for the season.
Also in order to qualify for the TOC you have to fish a minimum of 10 events which is pretty easy and its an extra 10$ towards TOC monies per week and TOC monies is winner take all on the extra cash.
We love the growth that has happened this year on one week we reach 67 boats!!!
Best way to break up the work week that's for sure!!!
The only other thing is weigh-in etiquette is we all want to get out of there as quickly as possible and as there are no points involved in this circuit if you think you have enough to make some money weigh em in, if not dump em and enjoy the show!!! Looking forward to seeing this circuit grow even more!!!
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Caleb.Smith wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:41 am
Fast Eddie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:01 am For those of you who missed it it WWN Week 3 post, here's what I know.

TL
FE
You covered it pretty good!!! As far as who sponsors it there are not any official sponsors, but it is 100% payback as Gerry and Richard just enjoy putting them on and pay for the permits out of their own pockets. We do typically find someone to sponsor the trophies for the season.
Also in order to qualify for the TOC you have to fish a minimum of 10 events which is pretty easy and its an extra 10$ towards TOC monies per week and TOC monies is winner take all on the extra cash.
We love the growth that has happened this year on one week we reach 67 boats!!!
Best way to break up the work week that's for sure!!!
The only other thing is weigh-in etiquette is we all want to get out of there as quickly as possible and as there are no points involved in this circuit if you think you have enough to make some money weigh em in, if not dump em and enjoy the show!!! Looking forward to seeing this circuit grow even more!!!
I can see this venue having 80/90 boats as time goes on and I'll tell you why

Great entry level events for someone wanting to check out tournament fishing

Low entry fee of 60.00/70.00 if you want to play in the TOC..Per team of two

100% pay back...you read that right 100%...nobody pocketing 20 % or more ... transparency !!
Lots of buddies hanging out afterwards, lots of razzing going on as these are more about bragging rights than some Ben Franklins...but a little cheddar is always nice !

Wednesday afternoons are good middle of the week days for guys to sneak out of work early.

First in line is first out, pay, splash and go... it goes pretty quick though. You want early out get there early !

Weight in is video recorded for internet viewing or sharing with your family

No Crazy lists of rules

Centrally located to help with these crazy fuel costs we are dealing with

No crazy 100.00 memberships like some "club" type team events going on out there. No points race, just fish 10 and your in for the big cash !

Huge thanks to Gerry and Richard for spear heading this event and of course to Caleb for the great camera work !
Richard is like a fine oil machine weighing fish and they do it drive thru style, put boat on trailer and get in weigh in line. The fish are handled from boat to scales, maybe 6 feet. weight your big one, then 5 total, they go back in live well and you slide over for a quick release at the ramp.

To sum it up...it's a turkey shoot on steroids... more commonly known as the ""WWN""

Only little bit of a negative is the weight in/ getting boats on trailers is in the dark, but lighted parking lot. Things go a little slow because of the dark but hey what ya got to on a Wednesday night anyway !

Come get you some boys!!
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Can you show up late and still fish? Like 5 pm? 3pm just ain't happening for most working guys.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

El Jefe wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:50 am Can you show up late and still fish? Like 5 pm? 3pm just ain't happening for most working guys.
I'm not connected to this organization but do fish them most every week, I don't see how this would be possible because the staff does fish and goes out last so with that said there would not be anyone to take your money or check your boat at 5 o clock....

Tonight was a huge turnout maybe the largest every so I don't think the working guys.... those that can anyway are having a problem getting out...

21, 19, 17, (3) 15's, (3)14's and couple lower weights not many guys weighed in tonight
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

stickbait wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:57 pm
El Jefe wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:50 am Can you show up late and still fish? Like 5 pm? 3pm just ain't happening for most working guys.
I'm not connected to this organization but do fish them most every week, I don't see how this would be possible because the staff does fish and goes out last so with that said there would not be anyone to take your money or check your boat at 5 o clock....

Tonight was a huge turnout maybe the largest every so I don't think the working guys.... those that can anyway are having a problem getting out...

21, 19, 17, (3) 15's, (3)14's and couple lower weights not many guys weighed in tonight

That's cool....I'm not a night guy anyways.... I like night fishing but during the week it ain't happening when I gotta get up at 4.

Was just curious because I know in some normal day tournaments if you call ahead of time and tell them you'll be a hour late or whatever it usually isn't an issue. Thanks