State boat tracking error

wildthing jr

State boat tracking error

Post by wildthing jr »

Hi All,

I went to Los Banos Creek on Saturday. I had not been out fishing anywhere since early April and the last place I fished was LBC. LBC is run by the state. I still had my band on my boat, but was surprised to find out when I arrived that the band was broken which meant I had to be inspected. I was worried because I had ice and drinks in my boat, so I swore to the person at the gate that I had not been anywhere since I was last at LBC in April. She let me go with the ice in the boat cooler and the rest of my boat was fine. Then she ran my registration through the computer and she told me I had been at Forest Lake or something that sounded like that sometime in between my visits to LBC. That irritated me because it made me look like a liar. It did not matter because that lake was not on the bad lake list and she let me go launch, but it was annoying all the same to find out that the state had my boat somewhere it wasn't. Maybe she keyed in my registration incorrectly. Lastly I thought she said my boat was on Forest Lake, but I did some quick googling and I don't really see anything call Forest Lake except maybe a little lake in Lake County and two little lakes in Orange County.

I read a post on WB a few years ago with someone reporting this happening to them at an inspection before launching on Nacimiento, and if I remember correctly they actually got turned away.

Best,
J
wildthing jr

Re: State boat tracking error

Post by wildthing jr »

Hi,

Just one quick clarification to my story. The attendant at the gate was very respectful and never called me a liar. I was not upset during the exchange either. I just felt like she must think I lied to her about not being anywhere in between visits to LBC because the state computer system is telling her I was somewhere else in between visits.

Best,
J
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Garbage in....Garbage out. Simple computer 101. Somebody goofed on data entry somewhere down the line. Here at Casitas I was told just last week : Make sure your tamper proof tag is correctly affixed to your cable / lock when you leave as we have new people and they are getting it wrong sometimes :shock: :shock: :shock: ..

If they get it wrong here at Casitas you must resubmit your boat for Dry/Clean inspection and if you pass you get to wait 36 days before you pay them for the honor of coming back through the gate and on to the lake again. No State system allowing you to " Swap Spit " with any other lakes here as you're either in or not. Glad it worked out for you.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

It shouldn’t be anyone’s business where your boat has been.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Lawley wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:33 am It shouldn’t be anyone’s business where your boat has been.
Given the amount of damage a quagga mussel infestation can do to a water supply system, and the fact that we, the taxpayers, pay for any needed repairs/replacements, I think it's everyone's business where your boat has been, as long as you're try to launch on a public waterway.
Having said all that, I do think the State dropped the ball way back when the quagga was first found in our freshwater lakes, and have allowed the quagga to spread through inactivity and lousy enforcement of "clean and dry".
They knew the quaggas would travel through the Aqueduct to Pyramid, and then down through Castaic, and the rest of the water supply system, but they didn't prevent it.
It was short sighted for the State not to develop good protocols for keeping boats from spreading the mussels.
It is possible.
Casitas does not have the mussels.
They are strict, but their system has worked, so far.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Really Mark? You are ok with all the bs rules and hoops we have to jump through for a mussel that can be moved in a drop of water according to them?
I don’t suppose animals can spread them
Only my dog. The prevention documents tell us to wash our dogs before going to the next water
I suppose birds and wild animals know better

I’m sorry but your views fit the tyrannical leaders of the world
Go suck eggs
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

The Casitas system works??....Only if you were born in the middle ages and except B.S. as indisputable proof that something is working. It makes zero sense but matches up well with our current slide into total anarchy. Two 6 year olds could come up with a better system.( as long as they weren't educated in California.) Little known fact.... Cachuma gets state water so where are they on that list? The whole State just reeks of hypocrisy now days.I'll keep my eye out for wet dogs next time I'm in line at Stalag Casitas.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

I get it. Don’t let a boat in with mussels hanging off it’s outboard
How about common sense. Common sense and truth is poisonous
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

You get over it !!!
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977