Clearlake Keys Devastated

bassn

Clearlake Keys Devastated

Post by bassn »

Please watch the following you tube video and please share. It’s out of control and our local and state agencies will not offer any assistance. Was just informed that the West Nile Virus was found in the Keys. We are doomed.
coyote268

Re: Clearlake Keys Devastated

Post by coyote268 »

A private company's bid to clean it up came in at five million dollars. I don't think its going to happen.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

How do you clean up millions of tons of Primrose and brush ? Lake county needs to work on the launch ramps while the lake is low ! unfortunately this is Newscum’s California and even though the state has an 80 billion dollar budget surplus do you think lake county could apply for a grant to pay for the work ? it will never happen ! that money is going to the illegal aliens and reparations to descendants of slaves ! sorry lake county !
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Why i refuse to take the family to the hole! Two homes on the water in Lucerne. Ill drive 4 hours to Trinity.. But you can go and experience homelessness, felons, Poverty stricken families, methadone clinics, poor mismanagement of funds, zero infrastructure for fishermen and recreational boaters, frustrated and overwhelmed civil service workers, zombie wondering the streets at all hours, and other counties sending parolees to Lake County… Should I keep going? Wanna chat about ecological problems and tournaments… Naah, lets not…
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I have no idea what’s going on with Lake county ? the board of supervisors must be just like the rest of our state government ! they will just sit idly by while their community self destructs ! the whole community is dependent on the revenue the lake brings in ! and they won’t even lift a finger to maintain it ! the money is there ! they need to use it !
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

After retiring and moving to lake county 30 years ago I have seen a lot of changed and sadly not for the good. Thirty years ago the people that ran this county were very pro active and tried to nip problems in the bud. Excellent leadership and trying to solve problems before they came up. The leadership especially when it comes to the lake has gone down the toilet. The problem with the ramps should have been addressed three years ago but as yet no real plane to extend the ramps has been put forth. Lot of lip service though. The economy of Lake County depends on the lake and I just don't mean for bass boats. No consideration is taken about what the various businesses are going to lose in income when launching at the lake shuts down which is happening now. This is not a State of California problem as no one in lake County has asked for help from the state. They now say they are approaching the state for monies to fix the problems which should have been addressed three years ago. Small area, small people small minds. Don't get me wrong as there are a lot of good people in the Lake County Government but they are not in a position to correct the problems Lake County faces.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

From CSU Chris above comments/mine below this - Why i refuse to take the family to the shithole! Two homes on the water in Lucerne. Ill drive 4 hours to Trinity.. But you can go and experience homelessness, felons, Poverty stricken families, methadone clinics, poor mismanagement of funds, zero infrastructure for fishermen and recreational boaters, frustrated and overwhelmed civil service workers, zombie wondering the streets at all hours, and other counties sending parolees to Lake County… Should I keep going? Wanna chat about ecological problems and tournaments… Naah, lets not…

Four years ago I took my wife and youngest son (22 at the time) to Clear Lake for a week vacation, I had a fishing guide lined up on Day 2 and they wanted to enjoy the lake, spend some time at our vacation rental laying out at the "beachfront" outside and enjoying the outdoors. Everything CSU Chris said was true,there were literally meth heads walking around like zombies, in the parking lots of the stores, the restaurants,etc. We saw a drug deal going down more than once. Our "beachfront rental" was a gross old modular home with one wall unit of A/C (temps were > 90 degrees outside). Needless to say, after Day 2 after my fishing trip we left and my wife told me to never ask that we go back to Clear Lake.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

For all those talking crap about lake county being a “ hole”, please don’t come up there anymore. Stay where you are in your beautiful areas of California. Fish your local water and leave Clearlake for the people that can tolerate the shithole. There are already too many bass fishermen at Clearlake as it is.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Enjoy the shithole then, I'll catch my bass here at the Delta.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

P.S. to 185vsfrog, looks like you are from Millbrae, hardly what I would call a Lake County local but if you enjoy going up to Clear Lake and all the top notch amenities the lake has to offer other than the fishing, have at it.
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

Wait a minute, my post was about the inept governing of Lake County. Now some of you have brought up what a s-hole it is. Try San Francisci, Oakland, Fresno and Oroville if u think we are so bad. At the present time there is no place in California to get away from the undesirables. This is a state government welcoming and tolerating these individuals with open arms. Just like any other area in CA., there are the bad and good places here so choose where you want to come to and stay. If you don't like the area, simple, don't come but don't knock all of what Lake County has to offer. What's the old saying--People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!! Think about it!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Wow, very sad. Always look forward to going there. WE NEED RAIN. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I will something positive about Clear Lake the fishing pressure is way down due to the low water, algae blooms ! other great fisheries like Guntersville, Fork, Chickamauga are wall to wall bass boats these days huge tournaments every weekend, club tournaments during the week ! plus you have deal with extreme weather all the time !
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

birdman920 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 am I will something positive about Clear Lake the fishing pressure is way down due to the low water, algae blooms ! other great fisheries like Guntersville, Fork, Chickamauga are wall to wall bass boats these days huge tournaments every weekend, club tournaments during the week ! plus you have deal with extreme weather all the time !
Good Point. Plus it has one of the few remaining Foster's Freeze's that I know of in Northern California (my favorite restaurant).
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

marinerfandave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:50 am P.S. to 185vsfrog, looks like you are from Millbrae, hardly what I would call a Lake County local but if you enjoy going up to Clear Lake and all the top notch amenities the lake has to offer other than the fishing, have at it.
Looks like you are a good investigator, Mariner Dave. I own a home at the Lake and have family there. I grew up and spent many summers there as a kid, learning to bass fish on Clearlake. Low water, zombies, etc will not keep me from fishing one of the top lakes in Ca. Enjoy the Delta. I’ll see you down there when I have a tournament, or want a change of scenery. And when I’m down there, I won’t complain about the stolen boats, trailers, cars getting broken into, weed spraying, seals, and other problems that face the Delta fishermen. Not to mention, the water getting diverted for SoCal, farmers, etc. And like I said, please don’t come to Clearlake. Too many fishermen up there already!
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

100% right, Fosters Freeze is one of the highlights up at Clear Lake.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

What i am seeing is that the Keys are running dry from the lack of water in the lake. The result from the low water conditions is that the primrose and riparian habitat has thrived in the low water conditions and that the mosquitoes are setup due to stagnation of the water. What can the county do to correct this? It looks like some people are using black poly to solarize the area and kill the weeds, what if every home owner did that in front of their parcel? If they cant get a harvesting boat through the keys what other options are available? I don't know of any homeowner association fees for maintaining the keys. It sounds like County Vector control is sampling for mosquitoes are they spraying the area.

By the way great drone footage, it would be cool to see the same flight path in the winter when the water rises.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

185vsfrog wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:43 am For all those talking crap about lake county being a “hole”, please don’t come up there anymore. Stay where you are in your beautiful areas of California. Fish your local water and leave Clearlake for the people that can tolerate the shithole. There are already too many bass fishermen at Clearlake as it is.
Hahaha you’re an angry local already 😂 you need to hurry up and retire 😉

And what’s the deal with no parking for guest boats at your place? Geez lol

Sad what’s happened to the Keys, we were in there not long ago and it’s terrible
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

We were owner operators of a resort there when I was in High School mid 70's. My younger sister was a deputy sheriff there for years 70-80's. You have to understand the **** hole you are talking about has been this way since back 100 years ago when the Big shot entertainers had great big mansions around the lake so they could golf and ski in the hay days before the depression. Our resort was built in the 1920's and the rooms were very small with kitchenette's and swamp coolers. We were sold out for 4 months straight with customers that had been coming to it before and after we bought and sold it. The rest of the year the few paying customers we had barely covered their propane use in the room. While billed as the bass Capital of the West there were no Bass boats ( except for Dee Thomas and Dave Gelbie)... Lake Co. has no infrastructure and the police are the third lowest paid out of all the counties in the State. They cannot pursue some crimes to the full extent of the law as they don't have the money. No money for the roads as they have been perpetually broke since inception. I go there a few times a year and the above statements ring true to me in that they have never wisely invested in the tourist area. They spent over a million dollars for a seaplane area in Lakeport for all those tourists to fly over the hill and have a glass of decent wine. Pie in the sky investment based on someone's palm getting greased I'd wager. Nothing that goes on concerning the human condition in Lake county concerns me as I'm there for the fish and some time with some friends who have lived there 40 + years. Mostly it's the problem causing pot growers that are running crazy through out the country side into a neighborhood next to your property.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
bass-assassin

Post by bass-assassin »

Csuhchris wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:18 am Why i refuse to take the family to the shithole! Two homes on the water in Lucerne. Ill drive 4 hours to Trinity.. But you can go and experience homelessness, felons, Poverty stricken families, methadone clinics, poor mismanagement of funds, zero infrastructure for fishermen and recreational boaters, frustrated and overwhelmed civil service workers, zombie wondering the streets at all hours, and other counties sending parolees to Lake County… Should I keep going? Wanna chat about ecological problems and tournaments… Naah, lets not…
Trinity co. has a higher poverty rate than Lake co....just saying. We don't want in our county anyways.
bass-assassin

Post by bass-assassin »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:14 pm
185vsfrog wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:43 am For all those talking crap about lake county being a “hole”, please don’t come up there anymore. Stay where you are in your beautiful areas of California. Fish your local water and leave Clearlake for the people that can tolerate the shithole. There are already too many bass fishermen at Clearlake as it is.
Hahaha you’re an angry local already 😂 you need to hurry up and retire 😉

And what’s the deal with no parking for guest boats at your place? Geez lol

Sad what’s happened to the Keys, we were in there not long ago and it’s terrible
Just wait until they start charging to launch. His place will be on the market ASAP :D
bass-assassin

Post by bass-assassin »

birdman920 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 am I will something positive about Clear Lake the fishing pressure is way down due to the low water, algae blooms ! other great fisheries like Guntersville, Fork, Chickamauga are wall to wall bass boats these days huge tournaments every weekend, club tournaments during the week ! plus you have deal with extreme weather all the time !
Ummmm clear lake pressure isn't down what so ever. Two BBT's in July, multiple club tournaments, this past weekend was a two day 100+ kayak tournament. Here's the next two months for ya.

Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/3/2022 9/4/2022 2 Event NEWJENBASS.COM Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/10/2022 9/10/2022 1 Annual CLEARLAKE BASSMASTERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/17/2022 1 Annual SLAY NATION TOURNAMENT FISHING Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/17/2022 1 Annual MODESTO AMBASSADORS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/18/2022 2 Annual DELTA BASS ANGLERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/18/2022 2 Annual GILROY BASSMASTERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/24/2022 9/25/2022 2 Event WILD WEST BASS TRAILS (WWBT) Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/1/2022 10/2/2022 2 Event CALIFORNIA BASS FEDERATION Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/1/2022 10/2/2022 2 Annual SONOMA COUNTY BELLY BOAT BASS CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/9/2022 2 Annual CHICO BASS CONSERVATION CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/9/2022 2 Event BASS ANGLERS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/8/2022 1 Annual EL DORADO BASS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/15/2022 10/16/2022 2 Event WILD WEST BASS TRAILS (WWBT) Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/15/2022 10/16/2022 2 Annual FAIRFIELD-SUISUN BASS REAPERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/23/2022 2 Event NEWJENBASS.COM Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/22/2022 1 Annual Bassin Bassmasters Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/22/2022 1 Annual REDWOOD EMPIRE BASS CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/23/2022 2 Event Blue Dream Productions Approved CATFISH
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/28/2022 10/30/2022 3 Event AMERICAN BASS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/29/2022 10/29/2022 1 Annual Not Applicable Approved BLACK BASS
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Nice Video. I caught a few fish in some of those places.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Brian D. wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:44 pm Nice Video. I caught a few fish in some of those places.
Heck we first fished together all over that lake, and did darn well too... way back in the nutcase rally days there, huh?

Was super low four months ago, but figured out the bite anyways. Ran north, but could not get close to getting up there into the creek, bummer. Must be even lower now. Yes, rain is the answer. Praying for it as I type.

PS San Diego is in a bit of a hurt now too. What's not?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

bass-assassin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:47 pm
Ummmm clear lake pressure isn't down what so ever. Two BBT's in July, multiple club tournaments, this past weekend was a two day 100+ kayak tournament. Here's the next two months for ya.

Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/3/2022 9/4/2022 2 Event NEWJENBASS.COM Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/10/2022 9/10/2022 1 Annual CLEARLAKE BASSMASTERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/17/2022 1 Annual SLAY NATION TOURNAMENT FISHING Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/17/2022 1 Annual MODESTO AMBASSADORS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/18/2022 2 Annual DELTA BASS ANGLERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/17/2022 9/18/2022 2 Annual GILROY BASSMASTERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 9/24/2022 9/25/2022 2 Event WILD WEST BASS TRAILS (WWBT) Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/1/2022 10/2/2022 2 Event CALIFORNIA BASS FEDERATION Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/1/2022 10/2/2022 2 Annual SONOMA COUNTY BELLY BOAT BASS CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/9/2022 2 Annual CHICO BASS CONSERVATION CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/9/2022 2 Event BASS ANGLERS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/8/2022 10/8/2022 1 Annual EL DORADO BASS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/15/2022 10/16/2022 2 Event WILD WEST BASS TRAILS (WWBT) Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/15/2022 10/16/2022 2 Annual FAIRFIELD-SUISUN BASS REAPERS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/23/2022 2 Event NEWJENBASS.COM Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/22/2022 1 Annual Bassin Bassmasters Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/22/2022 1 Annual REDWOOD EMPIRE BASS CLUB Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/22/2022 10/23/2022 2 Event Blue Dream Productions Approved CATFISH
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/28/2022 10/30/2022 3 Event AMERICAN BASS Approved BLACK BASS
Clear Lake (Lake County) 10/29/2022 10/29/2022 1 Annual Not Applicable Approved BLACK BASS
. that’s nothing compared to Texas, Tennessee or Alabama lakes ! besides looks like all the ramps will be closed by Oct anyway !
bass-assassin

Post by bass-assassin »

[/quote]. that’s nothing compared to Texas, Tennessee or Alabama lakes ! besides looks like all the ramps will be closed by Oct anyway !
[/quote]

Ya, they definitely draw a crowd. Their lakes make Clear Lake look like a bathtub tho.

It'll be interesting if they close 5th st. this year. There's about 2ft at the ramp now and it stayed open all last year. We need water bad.

The Riviera launch ramp is also open, but he charges $20 ish per launch.
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Ok Guys .Tell me how the State and County officials can make it rain?
Lake is the lowest its been in over 40 years.Just need a heavy rain year.
Only filled once in 5 years.
Yolo county draws lake water only when its a full year.
The only County ramp that could be extended is at the oaks.
Dont think 5th will make it through the year this year.You would have to dredge a half mile for any of the north ramps or Rebud to be extended and thats not happening .
Pray for rain.
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

We need what Texas and Arizona are getting now.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I bet kayak sale will be going up around there in the future. :lol:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
JL

Post by JL »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:29 am I bet kayak sale will be going up around there in the future. :lol:
You will get over it! :lol:
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Dave Brabec wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:00 am Ok Guys .Tell me how the State and County officials can make it rain?
Dont think 5th will make it through the year this year.You would have to dredge a half mile for any of the north ramps or Rebud to be extended and thats not happening .
Pray for rain.
Hire some Indians, I hear they have a pretty good dance !
MT

Post by MT »

I feel perfectly safe when I'm up there but I live in Stockton. I think most would agree that if and when we get some rain there will be a lot less complaining. Definitely feel for those folks living back in those canals though. Hope they get some relief this winter.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

In my earlier post, I never indicated that I don't feel safe there, I do. But I don't enjoy seeing the devastating effects that meth has had on some people up there and the fact it is clearly visible out in the community i.e. "the zombies" walking around, open air drug deals, pan handling, etc. And I get that the Bay Area has a lot of that in certain parts of San Francisco which is why we have chosen not to visit there anymore which is a shame because it was a great city at one time. Lake County relies heavily I would assume on bass fisherman/tournaments to generate tax revenue from hotel stays, eating at restaurants pre/post tournament, etc. I would be shocked if the State of CA does anything to help Lake County out and as the video indicates, the lake conditions will continue to worsen unless this drought turns for the better, I hope for the sake of those fishing Clear Lake that it does and also for those merchants in Lake County who depend on fisherman spending money there.
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

bass-assassin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:36 pm
Csuhchris wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:18 am Why i refuse to take the family to the hole! Two homes on the water in Lucerne. Ill drive 4 hours to Trinity.. But you can go and experience homelessness, felons, Poverty stricken families, methadone clinics, poor mismanagement of funds, zero infrastructure for fishermen and recreational boaters, frustrated and overwhelmed civil service workers, zombie wondering the streets at all hours, and other counties sending parolees to Lake County… Should I keep going? Wanna chat about ecological problems and tournaments… Naah, lets not…
Trinity co. has a higher poverty rate than Lake co....just saying. We don't want in our county anyways.
“People like you” 😂

Sadly your gambling with your children’s future living in Lake Co. Do you know Lake Co. HS graduation rates? Let alone college admission rates? Didn’t think so… Good luck ***-assassin
bass-assassin

Post by bass-assassin »

Csuhchris wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:07 pm
Csuhchris wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:18 am Why i refuse to take the family to the hole! Two homes on the water in Lucerne. Ill drive 4 hours to Trinity.. But you can go and experience homelessness, felons, Poverty stricken families, methadone clinics, poor mismanagement of funds, zero infrastructure for fishermen and recreational boaters, frustrated and overwhelmed civil service workers, zombie wondering the streets at all hours, and other counties sending parolees to Lake County… Should I keep going? Wanna chat about ecological problems and tournaments… Naah, lets not…
😂

Sadly your gambling with your children’s future living in Lake Co. Do you know Lake Co. HS graduation rates? Let alone college admission rates? Didn’t think so… Good luck ***-assassin
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

86.6% HS graduation rate...... who are you comparing to? What fine co. do you live in?

College admission isn't everything. Most of our youth get into the trades.....remember those?

All areas have issues. You seem to focus on the bad, whatever, I don't judge. Lake co. is extremely humbling and makes me not take my life for granted. The **** our youth has to witness on a day to day basis is unfortunate, but it's not an uphill battle.

You keep focusing on the negative, I'll do the opposite.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Speaking of trades bass-assassin. I'm a now retired aerospace master machinist who graduated from Upper Lake High School ( Senior Class Pres. #75 ). I was/am financially secure and over the 45 year span when I look at my work in total. One of my bigger achievements was to have my hands work on things such as 4 major optical satellites and instruments I worked on directly / or assembled/ and manufactured flight components from scratch for that all went to Mars.They were not only all successful on their different respective missions but all working at the same time......( there were not more than 4 working here on Earth at the time.).

Needless to say I am currently working with Lake County Schools to take all of my tools. A lifetime's worth of my precision measuring tools, cutters, multiple disciplines... Every trick this and old school that I am going to inject it into their High School System. I'll be up fish'n the Lake from the Sep. 18 for a week bass-assassin and seeing where the tools will ultimately land. I understand your feelings....Everybody remember to vote the scoundrels out as whoever they are now they are not serving you the community but pursuing pie in the sky. I know my gesture will be beneficial to which ever Shop Teacher wins the cage fight :lol: Prolly should sell ticket's.. :wink:

Kelly Ripa

My name is on a plaque affixed to the Mini Thermal Emissions Spectrometer on the 1st Mars Rover....So far I have my name closer to the stars than the parallel universe female blonde Kelly Ripa on Television :D :wink: .
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Yeah it’s devastated because the homeowners that live in the keys don’t want to put out the money for a new harvester or pay for the dredging. They pay a whopping hundred dollars a year in HOAs. The “Keys” Was a man-made development not part of the natural lake bottom thus their association is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the canals and the levee system. No way I want my tax dollars going to rehabilitate something that people that have a vested interest in don’t want to pay for. They brought it on themselves unfortunately and the rest of us get to suffer. The only exception is Schindler Creek, the rest of the Keys is on Clear Lake Keys POA! Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

bass-assassin wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:56 am
Csuhchris wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:07 pm

“People like you” 😂

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

86.6% HS graduation rate...... who are you comparing to? What fine co. do you live in?

College admission isn't everything. Most of our youth get into the trades.....remember those?

All areas have issues. You seem to focus on the bad, whatever, I don't judge. Lake co. is extremely humbling and makes me not take my life for granted. The **** our youth has to witness on a day to day basis is unfortunate, but it's not an uphill battle.

You keep focusing on the negative, I'll do the opposite.

“People like you!” Such a positive message! LMK how trade schools work out for your kiddos? W/O a work ethic and a role model, there isn’t a trade in their future! Not negative, just a realist! Humbled by Lake Co. 😂 That’s a good one!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Dave Brabec wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:00 am Ok Guys .Tell me how the State and County officials can make it rain?
Pray for rain.
Pray for rain.
The State of California doesn't have a shortage of rain, it has a shortage of storage. When they finally realize this and create more reservoirs like DVL we won't need to pray for rain.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

They will never add more storage in this state period.
There to busy building a Bullet train and getting reid of gas powered cars and trucks.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley