$6,500 for a 2020 BassCat (albeit a little damaged)

zethkinnettfishing

$6,500 for a 2020 BassCat (albeit a little damaged)

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

https://www.cooperss.com/assets/detail? ... e&id=29212

My f'd up transom BassCat just posted for auction. It's at the salvage yard in Oakley. Just under the bridge going in to Bethel Island on the left side if someone wants to check it out.
Here are the deets:
2020 bassCat Pantera Classic
Custom seats (I had them add more padding so they are a lot more comfortable)
2020 Mercury ProXS 200 w/ 23P Croxton 4XL worked by TruPitch Marine - 250 hours +/- Warranty Until 2024
8" Manual Jackplate
PowerPole Blades
Helix 12 G3n Mega SI
Helix 12 G3n Mega DI
Helix 10 G4n Mega DI Brand New
Ultrex 80
Mega Live Brand New
Hydrowave (worthless :lol: )
Brand New Impulse Lithiums
Brand New Interstate Cranking
Probably a few waypoints left in the graphs (Washington stuff)

Trailer if someone local decides to bid and win I will let got for 5K firm New Trailer is 8500 plus tax title license and freight (I just checked recently) [/url]

Will part out the trailer on it's own since I still own the trailer but waiting to see if whoever wins the bid will want to buy the trailer so they don't have a boat without.

It's sitting near the Bridge in Oaklay going onto Bethel Island right there on Dutch Slough. On the right there is a Salvage Yard. It's in there somewhere if you wanted to see before bidding.
mark poulson

Re: $6,500 for a 2020 BassCat (albeit a little damaged)

Post by mark poulson »

Did you get a quote to repair it?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
zethkinnettfishing

BassCat said 25k to repair plus 9k shipping there and back. locally I was quoted 50k. Salvage yard says they could do the repair for much less. Top cap has to be removed to make repair. If someone knew how to do good glass work their self it would be worth repairing. BassCat sells a transom kit but then the spidering and other damage that has spread into the top cap and splash well would have to be all rebuilt by hand. Hence the heft repair pricing. Just posting so maybe someone could get lucky on the off chance it doesn't go for much and you could part it out and make a killing potentially.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

zethkinnettfishing wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:42 pm BassCat said 25k to repair plus 9k shipping there and back. locally I was quoted 50k. Salvage yard says they could do the repair for much less. Top cap has to be removed to make repair. If someone knew how to do good glass work their self it would be worth repairing. BassCat sells a transom kit but then the spidering and other damage that has spread into the top cap and splash well would have to be all rebuilt by hand. Hence the heft repair pricing. Just posting so maybe someone could get lucky on the off chance it doesn't go for much and you could part it out and make a killing potentially.
Man, no wonder it's totaled. Thanks for the clarification.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Dek

Post by Dek »

Sent you a PM zeth.
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

PM sent
zethkinnettfishing

Update on this thing. Auction up tomorrow. I heard through the grapevine that it is possible that the yard that is holding this boat may have taken the front graphs and all batteries. I have no way of knowing. In case someone bid thinking that stuff was there it is possible they stole it. I confronted them. They claim its there. People have looked at the boat and say its missing and have said the owner said the boat will not come with them so that's about 6k of stolen items. No way to know for sure but don't be mad at me if you bid and this **** missing.
1shoe

Post by 1shoe »

zethkinnettfishing wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:46 pm Update on this thing. Auction up tomorrow. I heard through the grapevine that it is possible that the yard that is holding this boat may have taken the front graphs and all batteries. I have no way of knowing. In case someone bid thinking that stuff was there it is possible they stole it. I confronted them. They claim its there. People have looked at the boat and say its missing and have said the owner said the boat will not come with them so that's about 6k of stolen items. No way to know for sure but don't be mad at me if you bid and this **** missing.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/7543927953.html is that the boat?
zethkinnettfishing

That’s it. Someone bought it to try to flip it. He doesn’t want to buy the trailer but hopefully he will be smart enough to buy the trailer from me.
Levy

Post by Levy »

zethkinnettfishing wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am That’s it. Someone bought it to try to flip it. He doesn’t want to buy the trailer but hopefully he will be smart enough to buy the trailer from me.
I am looking for a new trailer for my 2011 Champion 198. How long was your boat as I would be very interested in buying the trailer if my boat fits.

Jon Levenson
zethkinnettfishing

Levy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:07 pm
zethkinnettfishing wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am That’s it. Someone bought it to try to flip it. He doesn’t want to buy the trailer but hopefully he will be smart enough to buy the trailer from me.
I am looking for a new trailer for my 2011 Champion 198. How long was your boat as I would be very interested in buying the trailer if my boat fits.

Jon Levenson
Check PM
Dek

Post by Dek »

"A small 2 inch crack" :lol:
Things where a 2 inch crack is not OK

1-your foundation
2-your smile
3-your boat transom
zethkinnettfishing

Dek wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:15 am "A small 2 inch crack" :lol:

1-your foundation
2-your smile
3-your boat transom
It’s a lot more than a 2” crack :lol:
Looks like posting removed. Good luck and whoever bought it for Craigslist (assuming it was sold) I hope they trash it or have a very good life insurance policy.
zethkinnettfishing

zethkinnettfishing wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:35 am
Dek wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:15 am "A small 2 inch crack" :lol:

1-your foundation
2-your smile
3-your boat transom
It’s a lot more than a 2” crack :lol:
Looks like posting removed. Good luck and whoever bought it from Craigslist (assuming it was sold) I hope they trash the hull or have a very good life insurance policy. it’s fixable but estimates are 25-50k to fix which at that point you may as well buy a new boat.
Bobp

Post by Bobp »

Steven Koerber

Post by Steven Koerber »

It’s post on Facebook in “good condition”. He said they removed the motor and boat is fine :lol: