Dee Thomas Memorial Tournament story

Fast Eddie

Dee Thomas Memorial Tournament story

Post by Fast Eddie »

30 Fishermen found the time to honor "The King of the Delta" Saturday. Disappointing to say the least. Fishing was tuff for everyone. Ric and I were able to parlay a second place finish totaling $60.00 a pound. :D
Normally we head to Ric's water down south, but I insisted we go to some water found during the frog tournament. After a 15 minute run and a long 3-5 mph idle we arrived. Steve Cooper had indicated on In Deep on the Delta, that there was a top water bite first thing, so I chose a plopper and low and behold the reel I used in the frog tourney was not fixed. I discovered this prior to my first cast. After some cursing and rise in blood pressure (it was perfect plopper water) I dove into the locker and out came kermit. 3rd cast blow up in the vegetation, but didn't eat it. Ric hooks up with a 1.76, as we glide to a point with a small tule clump ((tons of hydrilla and other underwater vegetation about 10 inches under the surface in 5-10 ft of water), I get a 2 1/2., then a 4.56 and so on. We caught our total weight and we culling by 10 am. Fishing came to a standstill by 11 and there was no culling after that.
Too bad more of Dee's "friends", couldn't find the time.
Anyway here's what the plaque looks like. I'm glad I was part of this memorial tournament and will forever cherish my friendship with this man. God bless you Mr. Thomas and Thanks for looking out for us yesterday. I bet he had a good laugh with only 16+ for 1st.
TL
FE
Attachments
Dee Thomas Memorial.jpeg