Old NCBF days and memories

Eric in PA

Old NCBF days and memories

Post by Eric in PA »

I had a strange dream last night that brought back a ton of memories from the 90's and early 2000's. I don't think I have posted since this was NCBF and I don't remember my old user name. I left CA about 14 years ago but have such great memories of the fishing during that time. I remember Fish Chris on here constantly posting his giant fish from San Pablo and other locals. I religiously fished lake Chabot and later the Delta and beyond. I remember spending all my money at Waltons Pond. I remember launching out of Big Break and shopping at the Hook there. There were alot of big fish caught during that time in CA. I sure do miss those days.
george

Re: Old NCBF days and memories

Post by george »

Those were the fun days, Cooch, Jailer, Stickbait, I joined in about 99-2000 and it all was a learning experience which NCBF promoted greatly and most of the experienced tournament guys would share info and answer any fishing question you had. I met a ton of new fishing friends because there were a ton of like minded people on the site who were enthusiastic about learning!
But like with everything else in life a new thought process and management idea with Western Bass has come into play which has brought us into the new era of social media and given everyone their fifteen minutes of fame.
WB has brought this site a long way and should be proud of their work!

Western Bass has taken the torch and I think they have done a very good job, Even though I would like to see us get back to being a more personal forum like the old NCBF with stories and takes on the local bass fishing community a profit margin and the bottom line always come to the forefront and that is the nature of business!

No longer do great numbers of members post fishing reports, Share general info unless they are trying to push a product
or have long positive threads about the last or next Nut Case Classic. No longer do we see the page blow up with a long thread about how the Numb Nut got crowned for the year or the Top Nut caught his PB on a Purple One ton rig Cooch gave him!

But life moves on and we all get older and the world turns!

George