Greg Blanchard Wins Cabass Opener at Shasta

basstrophy

Greg Blanchard Wins Cabass Opener at Shasta

Post by basstrophy »

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 1.38.16 PM.png
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

After battling adverse weather conditions with high winds and torrential rain, Greg Blanchard wins the CABNK 2023 Lake Shasta opener with 82” besting second place by 1.5”. Greg fished the Pit arm using a ½ oz green pumpkin finesse jig that accounted for 4 of his 5 fish limit. He targeted rocky points in 15-20'. The key to his success was casting the jig to deeper water and slowly dragging the jig uphill. He found that when he would pause the jig, this is when most of his bites came. After cycling through 10 or so different spots, he found a magical 50-yard stretch late in the day that culled 4 key fish including an 18” spotted bass to best the field of 42 anglers. Greg expressed his gratitude to Headwaters and CA Kayak Bass Nation for putting on a great event to kick off the 2023 season.”

Griffith Garrabrant placed second with 80.50”. Griffith fished the Pit arm using a black and blue lizard shallow on rocks during practice but only caught one 17.75” bass on tournament day. He adjusted by using a ned rig fishing it on a hump in 30-50’ deep. He said, “once I found them deep, I dropped down and caught 7 fish in fifteen minutes.” His big fish a 19” largemouth was caught on a jig in 50’. Griffith expressed thanks to Dockett Rods and Reels for their support.

In third place was Jamie McTaggart with 80”. He too fished the Pit arm using a Robo 3” ned rig in the peoples color, the tail was dipped in chartreuse. Jamie fished his ned rig on several wind-blown rocky points in 5-15’. Jamie would rotate the points within the area that he launched and found that the morning bite was the best. Jamie stated, “I want to thank my wife for all her support.”

Here’s your top ten
1.Greg Blanchard 82”
2.Griffith Garrabrant 80.50”
3.Jamie McTaggart 80”
4.Damian Thao 79.25”
5.John Myers 78.50”
6.Kong Her 77.25”
7.David Pham 75.75”
8.Jinno Magno 75”
9.Daniel Balaba 74.50”
10.Alden Walden 73.50”\

Big Fish 19" Griffith Garrabrant
marinerfandave

Re: Greg Blanchard Wins Cabass Opener at Shasta

Post by marinerfandave »

Congrats Greg, that is so well deserved! What a win for you, keep up the great work and your continued videos, we really enjoy those!
Michael1

Re: Greg Blanchard Wins Cabass Opener at Shasta

Post by Michael1 »

Congrats Greg! I follow your youtube channel. Always entertaining.