Western Bass Shootout OBSERVER/MEDIA Program

WB Staff

Western Bass Shootout OBSERVER/MEDIA Program

Post by WB Staff »

OBSERVER/MEDIA Program
The Western Bass Shootout is the highest level of professional bass fishing tournaments. Competitors must qualify for the event through the APEX Pro Tour, Wild West Bass Trail Pro/Am’s, Major League Fishing, and WON Bass events.
The pro anglers compete all season to win points toward the Angler of the Year award and to qualify for the Western Bass Shootout.
Here is your chance to reduce your learning curve by investing in yourself and gaining influential experience by observing the top professional anglers while they are against the clock in a high-stakes, high-stress tournament environment.
Learn More: https://wildwestbasstrail.com/product/wbs-observer/
Attachments
329439081_924817208692436_4191592206177193444_n.jpg
Deckyman

Re: Western Bass Shootout OBSERVER/MEDIA Program

Post by Deckyman »

Has anyone ever done this? Is there more to the commitment than riding along for the tournament? I'm sure there is, but is there a chance you get stuck doing other things and never get to ride along (the ride along is what I'm after..)

Thanks everyone!
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Sounds like a lot of work to be done. I don't think it's just a ride along. Seems like they should be paying these "observers". Not the other way around.
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

Although I haven't heard of Wild West ever doing this, I'd imagine it's a lot like the Bassmaster Elite observer program. You'll be paired with a pro for the day to be apart of the excitement and likely do some small things along the way to assist with making the event a successful, memorable experience. I still recall riding as an observer in the late 80's/early 90's with West Coast Bass. Met some great people and can remember a lot of it like it was yesterday.
If you're a bass fishing enthusiast, I'd recommend being apart of this event.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Deckyman wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:39 am Has anyone ever done this? Is there more to the commitment than riding along for the tournament? I'm sure there is, but is there a chance you get stuck doing other things and never get to ride along (the ride along is what I'm after..)

Thanks everyone!
The ride along is the best part and if anything, you might have to take a few pictures during the day. It sounds like we are changing the launch location to BW resort as well. IMHO even if you paid the 100 and weren’t going to get it back, it would be worth $500(to me) to get to watch one of the top 50 anglers attack a body of water while fishing for $100,000. That lesson would set a knoweldge foundation for any angler wanting to learn, grow, get better, and experience something they would not normally get to. Good luck whichever you decide.

Observer link
https://wildwestbasstrail.com/product/w ... Bx2TJ3e6j0

Show link if you can only make it to the show
https://westernbassshootout.com/product ... t43Dazuh1w

Show information
Wild West Bass Trail
Western Bass ShootOut
Show Hours & Entertainment
April 12th - 13th
Wednesday and Thursday
(Vendor booth set up)

Friday - April 14th
Open - 10AM
Show Close - 6PM
Concert on the WBS Stage
Chad Bushnell
6-9PM
(15 min breaks)

Saturday -
Open - 10AM
Show Close - 6PM
Concert on the WBS Stage
Brian Francis Baudion 6-7PM
Tajie D 7:30 - 9PM

Sunday -
Open - 10AM
Show Close - After Weigh-in Ceremony
Concert on the WBS Stage
Brian Francis Baudion 10-11AM
Tajie D 12-1PM

BUY TICKETS: https://westernbassshootout.com/product/wbssac/
RJB

Post by RJB »

There isn’t much more than riding a long to do. I’m doing it. We had the meeting this evening and got paired up with our pro. You pay to keep your place and then get the money back once you’re finished with your commitment. We photograph each fish and then add it along with the weight to a live score tracker app like on MLF. It’s going to be fun!