Yenhoua Yang wins Yak-A-Bass at Lake Tulloch

basstrophy

Yenhoua Yang wins Yak-A-Bass at Lake Tulloch

Post by basstrophy »

IMG_4541.jpeg
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

Lake Tulloch can be considered the jewel of Motherlode Lakes not only because of the beautiful scenery but also because of the quality and quantities of smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and the spotted bass. Tulloch was setting up with all three phases of the spawn. The weather was in the high 70’s and the water temperatures ranged from 60 to 65 degrees depending where you were on the lake. The wind was calm, and it was a perfect day to enjoy some competitive bass fishing. Once the lines were out and all the fish were submitted, Yenhoua Yang wins with 86.50” over a field of 93 anglers. Yang noticed that much of the field were all working the docks and coves.

“I knew I had to do something different than the rest of the field because it was like first come first serve to catch the active fish.”

Also, Yang saw that the water had risen one and a half feet to two feet over night. He found a healthy grass patch that was 10 to 15 feet deep, and he worked a rip bait over the top of the patch. Yang’s first fish was an 18.75”, he knew then that he had the right combination to do well in the tournament. Although, he had lost a few fish that would have brought him over 95”, he still received the win. Yang worked his rip bait over the top of a healthy hydrilla bed that was located on a main lake point. Yang thanked his friends that he camped with Pua, Dave, York, Amanda and Matt, DK and AJ. A special thanks to his wife that has supported him throughout all these years, without her I would not be able to fish.

Jacob Dasher finished in second place with 86.00” just a half inch behind first. Dasher headed towards the dam where he fished a spinnerbait with double willows with gold and silver blades and caught three fish. He changed up and threw a Keitech to complete his limit of 5 fish.

“In the first hour, I had a limit.”

After he caught his limit, it was three hours later before he culled a fish on a Senko. Dasher crossed the lake and threw his Senko to a weed bed in 12-feet of water where he culled up with a 17.50” spot in the last hour of competition.

“I saw a few anglers had already fished the bank, so I slowed way down tossing a Senko.”

Dasher culled fish to finish in second on the weed beds in 12-feet of water with a Texas rigged weightless 5” Senko. Dasher thanked his family, his mom and dad, grandparents. Also, he thanked his work, Scott, Jeff, Austin and Greg.

Paul Mata finished in third with 84.25”. Mata had never fished Tulloch Lake until the day of the tournament. He started off with a crankbait and Senko early with no success. Mata made a move to a point with a weed patch covered with bait fish.

“My graph would show I was in 10-feet of water, but I was in 20-feet of water because there were so many shad.”

“I drop-shot a Berkey Flat worm in 20 to 25- feet of water to catch my fish.”

Mata thanked his better half, his wife Lauren for all her support, without her I wouldn’t be able to fish as often as I do. He also thanked James Snyder for all his hard work running the Yak-A-Bass circuit.

Top Ten:

1.Yenhoua Yang 86.50”

2. Jacob Dasher 86.00”

3. Paul Mata 84.25”

4. Brandon Miller 84.25”

5. Greg Blanchard 83.25”

6. Pua Yang 82.50”

7. Matthew Brannon 81.75”

8. Joseph Silva 81.25”

9. Alden Walden 80.25”

10. Max Lee 79.75”

Big Fish: