Stayed at the Travel Lodge @ Redbud for the first time last

StogieMan

Stayed at the Travel Lodge @ Redbud for the first time last

Post by StogieMan »

weekend and I gotta say, what a dump. Now before I get blasted from those of you who regularly stay there please consider I have had other (good) experiences. I have stayed at most all the other places on the North end, also at both Konocti hotels, lake place resort, even the Kelseyville motel.
Yes it is as close to the water as you can get (without being on the water) but it was dirty, the floor felt like I would fall through, (clerk who checked me in actually said "no jumping on the beds") which was code for you may fall through the ceiling. :roll: Sorry for my rant but I was very disapointed and only stayed there because I could not find a room elsewhere. To ad insult to injury he charged me a premium for a late booking, like an airline would do, Gees!
shifterpilot2001

Re: Stayed at the Travel Lodge @ Redbud for the first time l

Post by shifterpilot2001 »

I'd say there probably isnt anywhere really nice down in the Clearlake end of the lake, unfortunately to stay somewhere where your rig is more secure your going to have to drive a bit.... I personally wouldn't even dream of staying down there unles I planned on sleeping in my boat with a gun...lol...I live in Lakeport, have a 1000 sq. ft. house on the lake with a pier and power, and boat ramp right next to me..... maybe I should sublet it once in a while to fellow fisherman, being as I am never there, always at GF's place...lol..... whats a room here go for these days? ... lol
Dewayne

Re: I agree

Post by Dewayne »

I stayed there once. That was enough. The door on my room would not close without beingt slammed. There were bugs in the room, and it was one of the worst I have stayed in. The Best Western there is OK, but cost more.
Dewayne
JT-Madera

Re: I agree

Post by JT-Madera »

Dewayne: does Fishermans have good lake maps of Lake Mead??
Dewayne

Re: JT

Post by Dewayne »

I believe it is Fish-N-Map that I have for Lake Mead. It works well enough. My preference is to also have a GPS Unit based map for on the boat navigation and seeing that point you are driving by.
Dewayne
gt5bass

Re: Stayed at the Travel Lodge @ Redbud for the first time l

Post by gt5bass »

StogieMan,

Check with Jeff at Clearlake Bait & Tackle, there is newly re-done place just done the road right the on lake that is catering to us bass guys.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Mitch

Lake Point Lodge !!!

Post by Mitch »

A bunch of us at Lake Point Lodge in ClearLake when fishing a tournament out of Red Bud. I've had my truck, and boat broken into when staying at the TravelLodge and at the Best Western. Never had a problem at Lake Point. It's only a 10 min drive to Red Bud, there's outside plugs for charging, plenty of parking, it's CLEAN and Safe
!!!! PLUS--- Limit Out Tackle and Tower Market is less than a mile away.
Call 707 998-4350
CATCHEMCARO

Re: Lake Point Lodge !!!

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Ive stayed in a few places there and the State Park for $21.00 is the ticket. You have a good ramp, clean bathrooms and heck its only a place to be while your not fishing. Out early and in late. You can grab a decent burger at Burger USA just down the road. This is how float tubers do it on a budget.
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html